Help & Support

beginner
rh32
Best Answer

IPhone 4S no signal

Hi giffgaff I've a iPhone 4S I get 02-uk 3G but I've no network signal internet works 100% I just send SMS or calls were there should a signal is just blank I've tryd my other giffgaff sim same thing I've done reset hard reset nothing I've read about people haven the same problem but no joy is there anything I could try an sort it out
beginner
rh32

Re: IPhone 4S no signal

Iam sorry I ment to say I can not send SMS or calls
fadyyasin
Topics: 25
Kudos: 254
Best Answers: 160

Giffgaff sim require an unblock handset as usually mobiles are locked to a network if you are not sure about whether it is locked or not please check here..
www.giffgaff.com/unlock
mathew40
Topics: 119
Kudos: 8,048
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Best Answers: 4,596

Hi there and welcome to the community.
Firstly,if you could please turn your device OFF and wait 5 minutes,then turn your device ON again,as this can help in most cases.If your issue has not been resolved,check the signal in your area,by visiting or clicking onto the link below.

http://bit.ly/ggservice

Ok
( still not fixed )

You will now need to perform,a manual roam.

1) Go to your phones "settings".

2)Select mobile network options.

3) Change the Network Selection Mode from Automatic to Manual

A list of available networks will be displayed after a few moments.

4) Select any other network that is not your home provider network. After a few moments you will see "No Service" on the display.

5)Now select your home provider(which is o2) network and change the selection back to Automatic.

Click onto my Banner and order any FREE sim card with £5 FREE credit.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
mykiel78

[ Edited ]
Hi mate, if you can access the internet ok but can't make or receive calls, and it's been more than 24hrs since you activated your sim, then it's more likely your phone may be blacklisted if you bought/got it from someone.

What you can do now is try your sim in another unlocked or locked to O2 phone to see if you can make and receive calls and texts. If you can, then the phone is blacklisted.

Check if the phone is blacklisted here:

http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Costs £1.99

Also check here for any ongoing issues with the network in your area

http://giff.ly/ggservice
beginner
rh32

Hi I've had this sim in my other phone and it's 100 % I can go on the internet no problem it's just were u have Ur network signal it's blank this is the way it's showing 00000 02-uk 3G but on the iphone them 5 zeros should be black for Ur signal could giffgaff run a test to my number or phone I bought this iphone in good faith of my m8 if it's barred I give him I back but I all way thought barred iPhones say no service could I send u the imei number to check to c if it is barred
head honcho
jeffpeps

Them 5 zeros on my iPhone are showing 3 white & 2 black , and my signal is ok 🇬🇧
beginner
rh32

Your only getting 2 bar signal were my is nothing the 2 black bars is Ur signal take them 2 black dots away that's wats showing on my iphone and am about 200 yards away from O2 transmitter
beginner
rh32

If I put my iPhone 4S into field mode I get -85db but still no signal am texting from it now but that's over 3G network it's the gsm meteor that's up the left on the iPhones 4s
head honcho
jeffpeps

No the three white dots is my signal , on my other iPhone which is on ios6 I'm getting 3 bars & 2 flat bars 🇬🇧