Help & Support

newcomer
binachauhan
Best Answer

International texts

I just joined so that I could take advantage of the low international text rates. I have an unlocked HTC Desire HD which lets me do everthing with my new giffgaff sim but send international text messages. I there a solution to this issue? or do I have to buy a new sim free phone? Grateful for any advice?

B.
lbspeller
Topics: 37
Kudos: 1,723
Best Answers: 884

Re: International texts

Have you made sure you have got airtime credit? Remember, a goodybag does not include international calls etc in its inclusive minutes/texts. Dial *100# to check you have airtime credit.

If your question has been answered, don't forget to mark a "Best Answer" and award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Check out my idea for changes to the terms & conditions here

Need a sim posted 1st class (or hand delivered in Plymouth)? PM me here
sloz

Hi do you have airtime credit? ( dial *100# to check)
International calls and texts aren't included in a goodybag allowance
rayhoo
Topics: 24
Kudos: 4,231

Hi,
Call *100# to check your cash/credit balance.
International calls are not included in any goodybags.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and to receive a password reset link.
counsellor
argos1

do you have enough credit ? goodybags are only for uk numbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
nerakb

Activate your giffgaff sim including topping up by at least £10.Make sure you have airtime credit on your account as goodybags only work within the UK and that you're also using the correct dialling code.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

adept
adi___786

Yes
figment_uk
Kudos: 4,580
Best Answers: 2,567

binachauhan wrote:
I just joined so that I could take advantage of the low international text rates. I have an unlocked HTC Desire HD which lets me do everthing with my new giffgaff sim but send international text messages. I there a solution to this issue? or do I have to buy a new sim free phone? Grateful for any advice?

B.

International calls and texts are not included as part of any goodybag. You therefore need to add airtime credit to pay for these calls/texts. Go here to add credit using a debit or credit card: https://giffgaff.com/buy/topup or here using a voucher: https://giffgaff.com/buy/redeem

kevgaxx

The phone is unlikely to be the problem, but you could check any settings for call barring functions.

Anyway, is your credit ok? Dial *100# to confirm.

Can you call abroad, or is the problem just affecting texts? Are you ok with the dial code format?
exemplar
maheed

You need to check the prices on Giffgaff's website