Help & Support

newcomer
ged1963

Internet & MMS Settings for Nokia C2 - Please Help

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone can help. I signed up for giff gaff last week and on my phone at the time i received a text with the settings in and the internet worked.

Today, i have bought a Nokia c2 and cant get the internet to work. i know my giff gaff card is fine, i tried texting "settings" to 2020 but it cant send me the settings and the usual manual way of entering the settings which is easy to setup normally is very hard to do because off the stupid C2 menu system.

i was wondering if anyone had figured it out, i know the phone is at fault, but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to enter APN details etc, just to view the 02 ones

thanks

seer
djbonner07

Re: Internet & MMS Settings for Nokia C2 - Please Help

The phone has a 4-way directional 'Navi' key and 2 soft keys on either side of this. The Navi key can also be pressed in to select options.

1. Select 'Menu' (press Navi Key).
2. Highlight 'Settings' and select (press Navi key).
3. Highlight 'Configuration' and select (press Navi key).
4. Highlight 'Personal config. sett.' and select (press Navi key).
5. Select 'Add' (press Navi key).
6. Highlight 'Web' and select (press Navi key).
7. Highlight 'Account Name' and select (press Navi key), enter 'giffgaff WAP GPRS' then 'OK' (press Navi Key).
8. Highlight 'Homepage' and select (press Navi key), enter 'http://giffgaff.com/mobile' then 'OK' (press Navi Key).
9. Highlight 'User name' and select (press Navi key), enter 'giffgaff' then 'OK' (press Navi Key).
10. Highlight 'Password' and select (press Navi key), enter 'password' then 'OK', verify password and again select 'OK' (press Navi Key).
11. Highlight 'Use pref. access pt.' and select (press Navi key), highlight 'No' and select (press Navi key).
12. Press 'OK' (press Navi key) to the question 'Define access point settings'.
13. Highlight 'Access point settings' and select (press Navi key).
14. Highlight 'Proxy' and select (press Navi key),
highlight 'Enabled' and select (press Navi key).
15. Highlight 'Proxy address' and select (press Navi key), enter '193.113.200.195' and 'OK' (press Navi Key).
16. Highlight 'Proxy port' and select (press Navi key), enter '8080' and 'OK' (press Navi Key).
17. Ignore 'Data bearer' this should be set to 'Packet Data'.
18. Highlight 'Bearer settings' and select (press Navi key).
19. Highlight 'Packet data acc pt' and select (press Navi key), enter 'giffgaff.com' and 'OK' (press Navi Key).
20. Ignore 'Network type' this should be set to 'IPv4'.
21. Ignore 'Authentication type', this should be set as 'Normal'
22. Highlight 'Username' and select (press Navi key), enter 'giffgaff' and 'OK' (press Navi Key).
23. Highlight 'Password' and select (press Navi key), enter 'password' and select 'OK' (press Navi key). Verify password and again 'OK' (press Navi Key).
24. Press 'Back' three times (right softkey).
25. Highlight 'giffgaff WAP GPRS' and select 'Options' (left softkey).
26. Highlight 'Activate' and select (press Navi Key).
27. Press 'Back' (right softkey) 4 times.

The GPRS WAP settings are now complete

Free Standard / Microsim Sim With £5 Free Credit? click below
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 3,975

ged1963 wrote:

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone can help. I signed up for giff gaff last week and on my phone at the time i received a text with the settings in and the internet worked.

Today, i have bought a Nokia c2 and cant get the internet to work. i know my giff gaff card is fine, i tried texting "settings" to 2020 but it cant send me the settings and the usual manual way of entering the settings which is easy to setup normally is very hard to do because off the stupid C2 menu system.

i was wondering if anyone had figured it out, i know the phone is at fault, but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to enter APN details etc, just to view the 02 ones

thanks

Check youe settings against these:   http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Nokia-C1-and-C2-Internet-and-MMS-settings-g...

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

Hi there,

It should be in the connection menu under "destinations" or similar. That should let you view settings and configure the default.

With some phones, the giffgaff one is not set as default or top priority. Meaning it looks like it isn't there.

Also, MMS may be in undefined. Move it to another folder.
newcomer
carolynburton

Can I just ask if you've managed to get this sorted? I too have just bought a C2 and have tried everything, but just cannot get the internet set up. If you've managed it, could you let me know how you did it? Thanks.