on 06-06-2012 21:26
My internet is not working on my samsung galaxy s2 phone... can you maybe help me?
I received a text message from giffgaff that my internet should work, but it doesn't.
I'm really glad if someone could help me
This question has a Best Answer. Go to Best Answer
on 06-06-2012 21:27
The easiest way is to connect to WI-FI and download "GIFFGAFF APN" from Android Market (or Google Play as it's now known)
Apparently people are having trouble using the app with the new Ice Cream Sandwich update, in which case click the following link:
06-06-2012 21:27 - edited 06-06-2012 21:28
first try texting the word SETTINGS to 2020 - however cos that only works on some phones here are the manual settings
- Go to you wireless and network settings
- Select Mobile Networks
- Go to Access Point Names (go to next point if giffgaff is not among listed APN's)
- Press the menu soft key and select add new APN
- You should enter the following for their respective fields
- Name: giffgaff
- APN: giffgaff.com
- Username: giffgaff
- Password: password
- MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
- MMS Proxy: 184.108.40.206
- MMS Port: 8080
- APN type: internet + mms
- Press the menu soft key and save APN
- The New APN "giffgaff" should now be selected showing a green dot.
- Press the return soft key and make sure to tick the first option "Use Packet Data"
- If you have followed these steps, your internet should be set.
06-06-2012 21:28 - edited 06-06-2012 21:28
on 06-06-2012 21:28
Or, text 'settings' to 2020 and enter these settings:
Connection Name: giffgaff - GPRS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 220.127.116.11
Login - Username: giffgaff
Now, restart your phone.
on 06-06-2012 21:30
on 06-06-2012 21:41