Help & Support

newcomer
dbxtek

Internet settings, Android.

I'm trying to set up an HTC Desire HD. I have been able to program as per "giffgaffer's guide to Android" but internet still doesn't work. I've read somewhere that there may be a data bar on my new sim - is this possible? PS. the phone is ok as internet does work with a virgin sim. Any help would be brill.

bertiebat

Re: Internet settings, Android.

[ Edited ]

Try downloading the giffgaffAPN app from the market using wifi and running with option 2.

Added this often sorts out settings problems.  If that doesn't work then contact an agent (links on your My giffgaff page) and ask them if you have a data bar which they can remove. http://support.giffgaff.com/app/ask

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
seer
styly

FULL SETTINGS FOR INTERNET AND MMS

INTERNET SETTINGS

firstly, try texting the word SETTINGS to 2020
-or-
Manually input then into your phone's connection settings as follows:
(your phone may not ask for ALL the settings, just put in what you need)

Connection Name: giffgaff - GPRS
APN-Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 193.113.200.195
Proxy Port: 8080
Login-Username: giffgaff
Password: password
MMC: 234
MNC: 10

Make sure the new settings are ACTUALLY SELECTED (usually a green dot or a tick next to the new giffgaff settings)

DONT FORGET TO RESTART YOUR PHONE ONCE SETTINGS ARE ENTERED SO THAT YOUR PHONE CAN RECOGNISE THEM

MMS Settings

*please be aware that MMS cost 16p and are NOT included in ANY goodybag*

Connection Name: giffgaff - MMS
APN-Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 234
APN Type: mms

SMS MESSAGE CENTRE:
options / SMS / service centre / +447802002606 / save
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
daveyg
Kudos: 196
Best Answers: 49

First of all texting SETTINGS to 2020 will not work on Android phones so don't waste your time trying.

The following step by step guide will walk you through installing the settings for Internet and MMS.  The settings for both Internet and MMS have been combined into a single APN and will work for most Android phones running the following Android versions - 1.6, 2.1 and 2.2

Android settings

seer
styly

The most common mistakes are the username and password.. They are NOT your giffgaff login details, the password is the word password and the username is actually giffgaff
Dont forget to restart
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
thesaint
Topics: 185

http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent for agent to fix it

navigator
flateric

[ Edited ]

The giffgaff APN is a fairly good and quick way to get settings but there could be a data bar on the SIM. If settings are ok ask an agent to check. Ensure it's not in airplane mode too :smileywink:

pinkcalculator

Once you check you have the correct settings and if it's still it working the. Contact an agent to check about the bar, I had one took me a while to fathom out the problem.
Re the settings hubby has a Galaxy ace and it's android and the txt worked a treat, so I don't think it's fair to say they won't work for all android phones.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
david72817281
Topics: 283
Kudos: 143
Best Answers: 34

just go in to settings and click wireless and networks then click mobile networks and then click on access point names then click the menu button and then click new APN and enter

GPRS-3G Settings
Connection Name: giffgaff – GPRS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 193.113.200.195? (some phones prefer you to omit the proxy server and port)
Proxy Port:8080
Login - Username: giffgaff
MCC: 234
greenman
Topics: 124
Kudos: 722
Best Answers: 292

On my HTC Desire, giffgaff by SKINKERS in android market (via WiFi) worked a treat.
Desires don't like other APN's so delete all but giffgaff.