Help & Support

newcomer
trevorrover

Iphone4 picking up no signal at all?

My iphone4 isn't picking up any signal at all, the sim is cut perfectly and my phone reconises that the sim is in there, I have tried changing iphone 3g internet settings but it doesn't work with my phone. With my other t mobile simcard it picks up signal but not this one. Do i have to set my phone up to find giffgaff? Please help as this is so frustrating.

counsellor
thsn2k10
Mobile Phone: Nokia 6300

Re: Iphone4 picking up no signal at all?

[ Edited ]

Have you set up the giffgaff settings using the correct guide? Since you have an iPhone 4, you'll need to check your settings against those found here: http://bit.ly/giffgaffiphone4

Since giffgaff runs on the O2 network, it may be worth checking the O2 site to see if there is any maintenance work going on in your area at the moment that could be affecting your signal, check here: http://bit.ly/o2status

Please click on Accept as Solution to the bottom right of my post if I answered your question.

pupil
jordonegan

[ Edited ]

You shouldn't have to set anything up in order to get signal.

Are you sure the SIM card is cut perfectly? and are have you tried cleaning the contacts on the SIM card with a cotton t-shirt?

Have you tried a different Micro SIM in another phone? Or tried another micro SIM in your iPhone 4? As this will enable you to find specifically where the fault is.

enigma
sonesor

No you shouldn't have to set anything up in order to receive a signal. Just make sure network selection is set to automatic in settings.

Are you sure the sim is correctly cut? Tried it in another iPhone?

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
newcomer
trevorrover

I've been on them settings but my iphone doesn't have the data option to change all that but even so, you can see at the top of that phone it already has signal to the O2 network whereas mine says no sigal or one little bar/line and I can't even receieve a call it goes straight to voicemail but my sim is already activated.

pupil
jordonegan

[ Edited ]

Before anything I would suggest putting your phone into airplane mode and bringing it back out again.

I think this could be due to the fact of where you are.

Check on http://status.o2.co.uk to see what sort of signal you should be receiving in your postcode. Do you have anyone else in your house/friends surrounding on the o2 network? And do they have similar problems?

Let us know how you get on.

kevin_kazz100
Topics: 3
Kudos: 244
Best Answers: 61

have you tried restarting your phone?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
graduate
fiendishlyclever

Do any of your friends and family nearby get an O2 signal (or have you had one in the past)?  If they don't it could be a signal issue - and there isn't much you can do about that.

If they do get signal it could be worth trying your SIM in another phone (if you have an adaptor for micro-mini sim) and see if it is the cut of the simcard or the phone itself that is causing the problems.  Was the sim cut with a punch or with scissors?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
instructor
adscan

sounds like the phone is locked.

newcomer
trevorrover

I've turned it on and off, aeroplane mode, everything. It was cut with scissors but my last sim card was t-mobile cut with scissors and it worked fine and they are both looking exactly the same. I'm starting to think this must be the problem though. You know you can order precut giffgaff sims of users, could i transfer my goodybag to that new sim or not?