Help & Support

rookie
djrestricted
Best Answer

Is my sim card faulty????

I have a htc wildfire. Everytime I turn my phone off and back on I get a notification saying my sim card has been changed. I click the notification and get an error on screen with my only option being 'force close' . Does anyone know what this means?? Phone calls and texts are all working fine as is my internet after inputting APN settings from a very helpful post on here. I also have APN back up and restore app as the same error kept coming up when trying to access APN settings. Once I deleted and all APN's with the app I could get in to APN settings and put giffgaff settings back in, but power down and restart the phone and sim has been changed error again? Please can some one help?? Dan

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
mba_263
Topics: 70
Kudos: 462
Best Answers: 79

Re: Is my sim card faulty????

is just not put in properly? like your getting a faulty connection?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you want your free Sim simply follow the below link, and gain yourself free £5 credit !!: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/mba_263
hurders
Topics: 3
Kudos: 116
Best Answers: 43

mba_263 wrote:
is just not put in properly? like your getting a faulty connection?

Not sure that's the case as the OP says that calls/txts/mobile internet work ok once he clicks through the error message and puts in the APN settings. Seems odd, if the sim was faulty you would perhaps expect it to not let you call/txt etc. Do you have another sim that you can try in the phone to rule out the phone itself being the cause of the problem?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim-- Click banner to order a FREE SIM with £5 FREE CREDIT!

If you found a post helpful then click the Yellow Star Kudos button on the left!
guide
richy99

possible sim card issue or the softwre on the phone, ive had it couple of times when running android

These are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of Giffgaff and their employees
rayhoo
Topics: 23
Kudos: 4,210

djrestricted wrote:

I have a htc wildfire. Everytime I turn my phone off and back on I get a notification saying my sim card has been changed. I click the notification and get an error on screen with my only option being 'force close' . Does anyone know what this means?? Phone calls and texts are all working fine as is my internet after inputting APN settings from a very helpful post on here. I also have APN back up and restore app as the same error kept coming up when trying to access APN settings. Once I deleted and all APN's with the app I could get in to APN settings and put giffgaff settings back in, but power down and restart the phone and sim has been changed error again? Please can some one help?? Dan

I'm not familiar with your phone, but somewhere in your settings you'll have a security option set up, alerting you that the giffgaff sim isn't the sim you regisered for alerts.  Look in your manual first.  It may be set up in one of your apps.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and to receive a password reset link.
virtuoso
rong42

[ Edited ]
rookie
djrestricted

I have an o2 sim which works fine and also an orange one, got a tesco somewhere so will try that one as well. Sim is inserted properly, calls and texts work. Just seems to freeze me out of accessing MENU > SETTINGS > WIRELESS AND NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS >ACCESS POINT NAMES. Just rebooted the phone, instead of clicking on the notification about the sim being changed I clicked clear button. Tried to access APN again and it worked. The phone is still making and recieving calls and texts and internet is working. Very odd. Thanks for all your responses, giffgaff members are truely helpful. 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim