Help & Support

Topics: 1
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 0

Re: Is using ear-phones allowed on a Goodybag

I think the confusion lies in the word 'connection' I assume the terms and conditions refer to using the sim to connect via the internet and this is not permitted on any other device other than a phone. Rather than to connect your phone to the mains via a charger, or similar.
hilld2000
Kudos: 307

NO YOU CAN'T USE EARPHONES

This is tethering... you will be barred.

Check you O2 signal status

Ask an agent.

Take your battery out.... Rub you sim card with a rubber 

arrghhhhhhhh.......

I assume this was a joke thread... hence my response lol.

On a serious point however...

Streaming video OR audio is against T&Cs... SSOOOoooo... If you are listening to the radio over the TINTERNET....

You could be in trouble?

chefkoch
Topics: 28
Kudos: 985
Best Answers: 6

giffgafful wrote:
 Let's see what answer is obtained. Are you guys teaming up? ;-)

No, I am not teaming up, as I said in the original post, I was inspired by that thread to ask my question. I thought the TV screen question was decided, and therefore wanted to take it one step further. I now see, that quite a few people do not think the TV screen question is decided (or at least not in the way I thought), therefore it might indeed be useful to wait for an answer to that question. If using a TV screen is allowed, than using ear-phones clearly will be as well. I think Giffgaff does not like TV screens being allowed, but if they are not, I would be interested to hear what the justification would be that they are not but ear-phones are.

sullyman524
Topics: 163
Kudos: 640
Best Answers: 165

yes this is possible :smileyhappy: 

Have I helped? If yes, please give me KUDOS, this is to the left of the post underneath my name.If I have solved your problem or answered your question, please click accept as solution on my post
Get a free giffgaff Sim
hilld2000
Kudos: 307

chefkoch wrote:

giffgafful wrote:
 Let's see what answer is obtained. Are you guys teaming up? ;-)

No, I am not teaming up, as I said in the original post, I was inspired by that thread to ask my question. I thought the TV screen question was decided, and therefore wanted to take it one step further. I now see, that quite a few people do not think the TV screen question is decided (or at least not in the way I thought), therefore it might indeed be useful to wait for an answer to that question. If using a TV screen is allowed, than using ear-phones clearly will be as well. I think Giffgaff does not like TV screens being allowed, but if they are not, I would be interested to hear what the justification would be that they are not but ear-phones are.

GiffGaff don't really give a stuff what you connect to your phone...

What they really care about is how your usage of the phone might change as a consequence, and the effect this will have on your bandwidth usage.

For example... If you connect a TV... you may be more inclined to watch movies or video through your phone...

This alone may well get you barred... but not the actual usage of the TV.

Same with Earphones... GiffGaff won't know and won't care if your simply using them to make calls...

But if you decide to listen to radio all day throught the internet, this would be against the T&Cs....

With or without earphones.

chefkoch
Topics: 28
Kudos: 985
Best Answers: 6

hilld2000 wrote:

GiffGaff don't really give a stuff what you connect to your phone...

What they really care about is how your usage of the phone might change as a consequence, and the effect this will have on your bandwidth usage.

[...]

Same with Earphones... GiffGaff won't know and won't care if your simply using them to make calls...

But if you decide to listen to radio all day throught the internet, this would be against the T&Cs....

With or without earphones.

It is probably true that they are more interested in data usage than in what hardware I use. But they made the decision to not limit data usage in their Terms and conditions, but to limit the hardware one uses. Listing to the radio is not forbidden by the T&Cs, using certain hardware is. If you use "too much" data, they claim you have broken their T&Cs, that is why I want it to be explained as clearly as possible what their T&Cs actually say.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 0

I heard something interesting from a guy high up in t mobile, he said if a tariff plan has an allowance I.e 2gb then the provider can not stop you tethering or anything else till your allowance is up, whereas if its classed as unlimited they can stipulate what is or is not permitted. As for connecting to a tv are you meaning streaming films from netflix or looking at photos from the phone ? Surely its the amount and speed of data one uses that flags up at giff gaff hq if excessive, then from there they can check port numbers of device using the data etc which I doubt they do, its simple to just bar for excessive use. As set out in terms and conditions.
supporter
alanparker05

Yeah Ha Ha Ha Ha...
I had this thought before, and giffgaff are planning to push through an addition to their T&Cs meaning you not allowed to connect to external devices, and they just trying to stop you connecting to Tv for streaming but technically using their ridiculous lying terms then headphones and speakers are also classed as external devices, and this is why i just want giffgaff to start being a bit clearer and honest about things because their T&Cs are just so vague you never know where you stand, and even when you can prove they wrong about something they just sit there with their fingers in their ears going "La La La La La" and take your money anyway.
professor
sheddi

chefkoch wrote:

In the terms and conditions it says about what is not allowed on a Goodybag:

a) In or connected to any other device including modems, dongles or any other way to connect to a PC (unless you are on a gigabag plan);

This is commonly understood as excluding TV screens. But if TV screens fall under this clause (i.e. it is not just about connecting to a PC, but any external hardware), are ear-phones not a device as well? Does that mean ear-phones/headsets are banned when you are using a Goodybag?

The very same question occurred to me a few months back, and I decided it was simpler not to ask ...

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
azeem2012
Topics: 16
Kudos: 284
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 58

I think if would be fine as ear phones are part of the handset anyway!