Help & Support

steward
my_spirit_soars_free

Re: Legal actions

I think the long term users are not seeing what the problems are now.

I have ported 4 mobiles onto GIffgaff.

One went perfectly.

One needed the settings sorting out, but I used the forums to sort it out.

My mobile was due to port on the 15th March - and I am still waiting, all I get is cut and paste answers.

My husband was supposed to port on the 23rd March - and has had no service since Friday morning.

Sorry, that is not the "occasional" problem, that is abysmal, only one port went as it was meant to. Even if I could the one I could sort for myself - 50% is poor. 

Just because it works for existing users does not mean that those of us who are newly joining should put up with the abysmal service - agents do not reply within 24 hours (and when they do, they say "we passed it on"); porting fails much too often - just look at these boards. Those of us whose first experience of Giffgaff is a failed port, a goodybag sitting there not used for 10 days, and no support  have a right to complain - and we are still part of the community, even if we are unhappy with what is happening.

styly
Topics: 624
Kudos: 3,662
Ideas: 15
Best Answers: 789

dabbler
thegreen

my_spirit_soars_free wrote:

I think the long term users are not seeing what the problems are now.

I have ported 4 mobiles onto GIffgaff.

One went perfectly.

One needed the settings sorting out, but I used the forums to sort it out.

My mobile was due to port on the 15th March - and I am still waiting, all I get is cut and paste answers.

My husband was supposed to port on the 23rd March - and has had no service since Friday morning.

Sorry, that is not the "occasional" problem, that is abysmal, only one port went as it was meant to. Even if I could the one I could sort for myself - 50% is poor. 

Just because it works for existing users does not mean that those of us who are newly joining should put up with the abysmal service - agents do not reply within 24 hours (and when they do, they say "we passed it on"); porting fails much too often - just look at these boards. Those of us whose first experience of Giffgaff is a failed port, a goodybag sitting there not used for 10 days, and no support  have a right to complain - and we are still part of the community, even if we are unhappy with what is happening.

so what's the solution? Is it more information for GG management? A realistic port in time? Regular updates on your issues? List what you want as long as its not compo as that doesn't solve the current issues it just muddies the forum waters.
steward
my_spirit_soars_free

No ports on a Friday would be a start - there is no support for Friday ports, so why do them?

There should also be automatic escalation if a problem is unsolved after a certain time - waiting 10 days for a port is not acceptable, and all I get is the same cut and paste answers.

Yes, management do need to keep an eye on things - a daily report on number of failed ports, a daily report on agent response times, etc.

Agent response times are up because there are so many problems, obviously - and the longer it takes to sort them, the more people contact the agents, the worse it gets.

styly
Topics: 624
Kudos: 3,662
Ideas: 15
Best Answers: 789

Haha yeah take a day away, that'll help.. :s
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
professor
sheddi

alanparker05 wrote:
A data bar's fine but i explained my usage and it was all on my phone and of course there's the 13 days it took and the fact they barred me with no notification until 2 days after i sent them a message, and then there was nothing but copy paste responses from Agents because i was such a new member they probably just expected me to leave, and after the data bar and data outages i had to use a Three sim and buy a £15 addon so that's me £15 out of pocket after i already spent £10 for 4 days service.

Just a quick observation.

You say "i explained my usage and it was all on my phone" but over here you say you downloaded a Windows 7 ISO for your laptop.

My laptop got stuck in a boot loop from what looked like a corrupted driver while on a business trip and didn't have access to a Pc or broadband, so i had to download a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my phone and burn using a colleagues laptop and re-install, i mean i understand completely why i got the bar but the method it happens with no warning for too many customers just seems unacceptable when you paying for a service and these issues do need addressing.

That's not for usage on your phone, not unless your laptop meets giffgaff's definition of a "phone".

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
supporter
alanparker05

I was a new member coming from Three which actually is truly unlimited as long as you don't tether and downloading something on my phone, not my fault giffgaff heavily imply they are truly unlimited and made zero attempt to contact me before hitting the data kill switch, and everyone who says you should read all the terms of a new service really should have a reality check because that's just not the way the world works, because i did check for a fair use policy when i joined and there was none, so i am very much in the right.
steward
muhammad258

giffgaffs great loads of network providers have problems tho
If I have helped you click the star next to my name also.order a sim ans get £5 free credit , click the banner below!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
hilld2000
Kudos: 298

alanparker05 wrote:
I was a new member coming from Three which actually is truly unlimited as long as you don't tether and downloading something on my phone, not my fault giffgaff heavily imply they are truly unlimited and made zero attempt to contact me before hitting the data kill switch, and everyone who says you should read all the terms of a new service really should have a reality check because that's just not the way the world works, because i did check for a fair use policy when i joined and there was none, so i am very much in the right.

Not so....

As much as it pains me to say this, GiffGaff T&Cs allow them to switch off anybody that in their opinion is causing an adverse affect on other users.

A FUP would have made the limits explicit and should have been in place from day one in my opinion, but we did all sign away our rights with regards to what 'unlimited' means when we implicitly accepted Giffgaffs T&Cs by using the service!

Of course, all this is fast becoming old news as I believe GG will have to amend their T&Cs imminiently.

Maybe then we will all know what we have signed up to?

supporter
alanparker05

You've been around long enough and seen the half dozen data threads everyday to know giffgaff terms are hugely misleading stretching into lying territory because claiming to be unlimited is their biggest USP and they just don't want to admit they actually have a limit set, but next week the new law comes in and they should have to change and hopefully this should become a moot point.