Help & Support

newcomer
senkulpa

Re: Limit to "Unlimited Web"???

I do hope this "constant streaming" is only relevant to download? If I'm livestreaming for Occupy in Sheff and Leeds, I would hope not to be barred from using data for it. :smileysad:
pioneer
mickg

@ Styly ... cheers for the link bout the badmouths!! ... Have added to that thread and also learnt that you can't give kudos in off topic, so I threw one on your post with the link here instead!! ... now I wanna know who the other one is (but I think they've been here earlier!) and what was in that PM from hazel!!! pmsl

... Well, my original post here has hit the magic 10 kudos, but unfortunately there were no sparks or lightening, nobody's head fell off, and after being run through with all the knowledge and power of giffgaff, I have to say that unlimited does mean unlimited, there's no FUP to be found and nobody will believe me so please feel free to waste your Sunday arguing about it some more!! lol
Nite all :-)
pioneer
mickg

@Paul ... your post about the 2 unlimited tune got me thinking... maybe, instead of my suggestion where every thread that opens with "unlimited data" in the title is met with a response of "see previous thread" and a link, maybe they should just crank out that song!! pmsl :-)
rookie
ikky24786

no limit unless uve been tethering
Drop box - All your files in one place, 100% cloud.
Use the link to get an additional 500mb.
http://j.gs/1994392/dropbox
rookie
ikky24786

Unlimited internet
We are unlimited for personal mobile use - but not for commercial and automated use.
Drop box - All your files in one place, 100% cloud.
Use the link to get an additional 500mb.
http://j.gs/1994392/dropbox
academic
jordanblack68

I'm sure there's a hidden limit
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
navigator
iceqntrider

mickg wrote:
@Paul ... your post about the 2 unlimited tune got me thinking... maybe, instead of my suggestion where every thread that opens with "unlimited data" in the title is met with a response of "see previous thread" and a link, maybe they should just crank out that song!! pmsl :-)
https://mobile.twitter.com/giffgaff/status/86737013205766144 Straight from the horse's mouth! :smileyvery-happy:
lives and breathes giffgaff
weeman
Mobile Phone: HTC One

mickg wrote:
@ Styly ... cheers for the link bout the badmouths!! ... Have added to that thread and also learnt that you can't give kudos in off topic, so I threw one on your post with the link here instead!! ... now I wanna know who the other one is (but I think they've been here earlier!) and what was in that PM from hazel!!! pmsl

... Well, my original post here has hit the magic 10 kudos, but unfortunately there were no sparks or lightening, nobody's head fell off, and after being run through with all the knowledge and power of giffgaff, I have to say that unlimited does mean unlimited, there's no FUP to be found and nobody will believe me so please feel free to waste your Sunday arguing about it some more!! lol
Nite all :-)

mick i could be wrong....But i think the magic 10 kudos you are reffering to, is for new ideas in the Ideas forum.

If you post a new idea and it receives 10 kudos,then gg will consider the idea.Is this what you are talking about?

George

pioneer
mickg

@weeman ... you're not wrong mate, and I've added a kudos to your post for clarifying the point for those who I've confused! ... a few of us on this thread have been having a bit of a laugh between ourselves from the start and that post was to do with that! lol ...
For anyone who didn't know, weeman's info above is spot on :-)
richardski
Topics: 7
Kudos: 2,308
Best Answers: 17

Hi senkulpa,

I do hope this "constant streaming" is only relevant to download? If I'm livestreaming for Occupy in Sheff and Leeds, I would hope not to be barred from using data for it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only do you have the worry of giffgaff chopping off your upload for "excess" use of an "unlimited" service whilst trying to make a historical record of a civil "event"  you need to be fully aware of all the ramifications of:

MTPAS (Mobile Telecommunication Privileged Access Scheme) is a British procedure for prioritising access to the mobile telephone networks for privileged persons (members of emergency services as designated at a local level)

Wikipedia is your friend here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTPAS

You need to look at alternative methods to preserve your video evidence against the authorities who can seize it for evidence and "lose" it.  Also the activist's who may seen you as another police mole and stamp on your camera phone and probably your head as well.

You are brave:smileyhappy:

Richard

Get a free giffgaff Sim