Help & Support

newcomer
vincentharding
Best Answer

MB data

Hi, I'm running out of Data this month. How do I top up ? Or if I go over my limit does it come out my allowance ?
aaabzx3
Topics: 376
Kudos: 963
Best Answers: 264

Re: MB data

you'll have to top up credit
Get a free giffgaff Sim
helper
jr1234

You can only top up
and pay for the ectra from credit
its 2p per mb till the expiery date of the current goody bag
top up by o2/giffgaff voucher or top up online by card
if you want to top up by voucher
dial 43430
natty88
Topics: 114
Kudos: 3,250
Best Answers: 745

If you top up you will be charged at 2p a mega byte when your goodybag is out of data until the goodybag expires my friend
Get a free giffgaff SimGet 5 pounds free click banner
cicerone
mumtaz1981

Need to buy normal credit
dalan
Topics: 118
Kudos: 5,974
Best Answers: 4,208

Morning Vincent,
If you've used up your data allowance before your goodybag or gigabag expires, GG will send a notification to your phone to let you know. You will need to top up your credit in your account to carry on using data, if you have, then you will be charged at 2p/MB for the life of your goodybag, but once your goodybag expires, standard payg rates will apply if you don't buy a new one.
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
timwilliams25
Topics: 12
Kudos: 429
Best Answers: 84

[ Edited ]

vincentharding wrote:
Hi, I'm running out of Data this month. How do I top up ? Or if I go over my limit does it come out my allowance ?

Hi,

You have not stated whether you have a goodybag or gigabag (for data only).

IF you have a goodybag bundle, then unfortunately these run for a full 30 days and if you use up any allowance before the 30 days are up, then you will be charged from your account balance / airtime credit.  For data it is 2p per MB once a goodybag allowance has been exhausted (20p per MB if you did not have a goodybag to start with).

IF you have a gigabag, then you can have more than 1 gigabag during the 30 days and you can buy anothe that will start once your current gigabag is used up.

HINDSIGHT is a wonderful thing, but if you see that you are using more data that you originally thought, the beauty of giffgaff is next month you can go for a different goodybag (if this is what you are on) and buy a bag with more or even unlimited data - although be aware that unlimited goodybags CANNOT be used for personal hotspots or tethering.

You can top up your account by adding airtime credit on your logged in section of the gg website, you can also buy O2, giffgaff or TESCO mobile top up vouchers from shops - I personally do this as know somebody who works in a shop who gets 10% off all purchases, so my £12 goodybag costs £10.80 this way - if you don't know anyone who works in shops, keep an eye out for the money off coupons such as £3 off £20 spend etc - then use it for mobile top up - remember, must be O2, Tesco mobile or giffgaff voucher (but you do not phone the 4444 number on the voucher, you phone the giffgaff top up number of 43430

@vincentharding 

Hope this helps?

vincentharding wrote:

raypops
Topics: 14
Kudos: 105
Best Answers: 44

A goodybag lasts 30 days and you can only have one active at a time.  .The only other option is to use airtime credit , so make sure your topped up with airtime credit in case your goodybag runs out early.

Regards Ray

Get a free giffgaff Sim
scholar
lynnie_

Be in credit and its 2p per mb.
rslaninka
Topics: 2
Kudos: 15
Best Answers: 3

After you use all your data, you will get extra 50 MB buffer. After you use this , it will be 2p per MB from your airtime credit.