Help & Support

newcomer
martinh1
Best Answer

Mobile Internet not working on Android

Hey fellow giffgaffers! Bit stuck here. had an unlocked HTC Evo 3D for a month now, popped my iPhone giffgaff sim into it, and it worked like a charm :smileyvery-happy:

However, about a week ago, I tried to load my Facebook on the phone and it said it could not connect to the internet. I looked at the status bar at the top and it had a full 3G signal. Still didn't work, it just came up an android screen telling me to connect to the internet. I phoned up HTC and they said to do a factory reset, I've done that and it hasnt fixed it so they said I had to contact giffgaff, so I think thats you guys! What should I do? Thanks for your responses :smileyhappy:

guide
jasmin123

Re: Mobile Internet not working on Android

go to the android market and download the "giffgaffAPN"

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
counsellor
xyzabc12341000

Download the giffgaffapn from the market
Get a free giffgaff Sim
tyrbiter
Kudos: 453
Best Answers: 62

martinh1 wrote:

Hey fellow giffgaffers! Bit stuck here. had an unlocked HTC Evo 3D for a month now, popped my iPhone giffgaff sim into it, and it worked like a charm :smileyvery-happy:

However, about a week ago, I tried to load my Facebook on the phone and it said it could not connect to the internet. I looked at the status bar at the top and it had a full 3G signal. Still didn't work, it just came up an android screen telling me to connect to the internet. I phoned up HTC and they said to do a factory reset, I've done that and it hasnt fixed it so they said I had to contact giffgaff, so I think thats you guys! What should I do? Thanks for your responses :smileyhappy:

How did you originally set up your APNs for giffgaff? There is a useful app to do this for you called giffgaffAPN. I would advise using this to reset your APNs correctly and try again. If that doesn't work, please come back here for more advice.

Brian

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
martinh1

But the APN settings are fine and havent changed since last week when my phone worked? Should I try anyway? :smileyhappy: Thanks

gawright
Topics: 38
Kudos: 1,866
Best Answers: 390

It sounds like you haven't configured it with the internet settings.

there is an app on teh android market called giffgaff APN which can do this for you

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
tyrbiter
Kudos: 453
Best Answers: 62

martinh1 wrote:

But the APN settings are fine and havent changed since last week when my phone worked? Should I try anyway? :smileyhappy: Thanks

Well you could also try downloading a network diagnostics app and see  if it can show you where things are going wrong. The other possibility is that you have suddenly had a data bar applied, how much data usage are you getting through. If you had been barred I would expect you would get an email about it though.

Brian

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
gawright

martinh1 wrote:

So you have succesfully used the internet on giffgaff before?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
gawright

Internet (APN) settings are netowrk specific, you cannot use the ones from your previous network

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
martinh1

[ Edited ]

I've been on giffgaff for 6 months or something now, and used the internet on my iphone and even this new phone, its just stopped working. I'll try and downloading an app but my pass through internet isnt working and, well, i cant download it on my mobile. Its just really wierd that the symbol at the top shows its connected to 3g but it doesnt work, anyways I'll go try some of this out, thanks guys :smileyhappy:

Edit: And I also just have a new goodybag starting today so its not a data limit :/