Help & Support

lightswitchr
Topics: 22
Kudos: 32
Mobile Phone: Motorola Moto G
Best Answer

My giffgaff login

[ Edited ]

Everytime I click on My giffgaff in the menu, the software logs me out. Is this intentional for security reasons or a gremlin?

governor
cricpk

Re: My giffgaff login

[ Edited ]

gremin,
try another browser (maybe google crome)

or clear cache and history, this sometimes helps. :smileyhappy: 

Please KUDOS If you Like my Post. If I Have Been Helpful then MARK AS SOLUTION. 
Free giffgaff sim + £5 Free Credit Click on Banner below
Get a free giffgaff Sim
enigma
mgb2

[ Edited ]

the log-in to mygiffgaff is secure (https). open a 2nd tab on your browser to see.... the secure pages log you off after about 5 or 10 minutes with no activity but the community doesn't for much much longer....

so yes it's intentional, but you're not actually logged off the community (just into mygiffgaff).

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
brulaw

There is  a " time out "  on the my giffgaff page , it's a security feature , it  could be that  that's making it look as if your being logged out .

PhotobucketPhotobucket
bertiebat

If you mean when you are logged into the community and then click on My giffgaff then this is normal.  The account has a lower timeout rate to the community for extra security, so you often need to loggon again.

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
lightswitchr
Topics: 22
Kudos: 32
Mobile Phone: Motorola Moto G

I already use Google Chrome.

Ah, if the protocols are different (HTTP & HTTPS), then yes, it would sign out - I'm guessing it's part of the security.

viv3
Topics: 14
Kudos: 428

[ Edited ]

Mine always does that too, its annoying :smileymad:

But if it keeps your information secure quess its a good thing :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
dogboy1968

I'm having heaps of trouble getting ant internet connection on my RAZR I could you please send me the settings to this number. My phone is open, calls and texts no problem but no signal for web, I've also lost my card with six digits on ! HELP !
nate37
Topics: 81
Kudos: 1,967
Best Answers: 1,145

dogboy1968 wrote:
I'm having heaps of trouble getting ant internet connection on my RAZR I could you please send me the settings to this number. My phone is open, calls and texts no problem but no signal for web, I've also lost my card with six digits on ! HELP !

You should really ask for help in the help forum in future - you will get quicker replies.

Try this For Android:
 > Go to > Settings (if ICS More Settings).
> Wireless + Networks > Mobile Networks >
> Access Point Names > Tap the Menu key >
> Select 'New APN'

Enter the following;
Name: giffgaff
APN: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password                                                                                                                                    

MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080

Tap the Menu key then 'Save APN'.
Click the circle next to your APN to see a green light.
Tap the Back key and tick 'USE PACKET DATA' or DATA ENABLED
Return to the home screen. Restart the phone.

By the card with 6 digits, I assume you mean the card your sim came in with the activation code?

You don't need this once you have activated your sim - so don't worry if you have lost it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
newcomer
benji01

My phone wont allow me on anthing with adult content.ive tried to change settings but just says ur settings are being changed try again later.its been like it for weeks and weeks ive ad enuf if its not sorted in nxt wk am going back to 02.giffgaff is ok till u get a problem then u dont want to kno