Help & Support

marvel
andy0

Re: Need your puk code?

nuttyprof wrote:

The link works fine but (sorry for shouting), LOG IN TO YOUR GIFFGAFF ACCOUNT FIRST!

Then follow the link, wrks perfectly.

And you don't need (if asked by your fone) a PUK2 number. giffgaff does not (or currently offer) any PUK2 services.

The default PUK2 is 6666, there is no need to change it.

Yes, you'd need to log in to your account because the PUK2 is different for each user

PUK2 is a longer number than that; you're thinking of PIN2

rookie
sweetcorn

What is this puke code.
"these mobiles are made for talking"

sweetcorn......
head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

sweetcorn wrote:
What is this puke code.

A PUK code is a code that is needed fi you have entered your PIN code incorrectly 3 times. So, if you have PIN protection on you have 3 attempts to get it right before it locks and requests this code. It is unique to the SIM card and is only held by the network you are on.

newcomer
fkager

Re: Need your puk code? Are you sure?

Hi All.

I found after some phone calls, when my 'PUK Code' would NOT release the phone, that I required an 'NCK Code' from my original supplier.  (Amazing isn't it, for some of us?). 

Anyway, as I'm on a 'Pay as you go' scheme from 'Tesco mobile' it turns out I have to have registered the phone for a full twelve months before they will give me the code for free.  However, I could pay 'Twenty Pounds' and have it right away. 

The good news is, I've had it for eleven months, so will wait in anticipation until my 'giffgaff' SIM can be used. 

Hope this is of some help to those who are as frustrated with the sim as I was. - Keith A.

head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

[ Edited ]

@fkager

Yes, when a phone is locked to a network, a network unlock code is required - but every network has a different name for it.

Just hold in there, giffgaff is worth the wait!

And...I will be changing back the subject title.

beginner
sturchy40

Does anyone know the factory settings for the sim lock code so I can change it thanks
heavy hitter
rjheald

Some pin is 5555, pin2 is 6666
For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
heavy hitter
rjheald

*sim pin
For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
trainee
mauy

thanks for the helpfull info.
posted from nokia 5800

kudos or go home xD
newcomer
emken

Hi - I received my PAC from 3 and I am now waiting for my contract with them to expire (25 Oct 2010). 

I have already ordered and received  my sim card from giff gaff and was just wondering when was the best time to transfer my number to the new sim / phone?  does it work straight away or will it take a couple of days?  i was going to do it on the expiry date of my contract but not sure??

thanks