Help & Support

newcomer
thehollyhopdrive

Nexus 4 not receiving SMS

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Nexus 4 and moved my number from T-Mobile to Giffgaff. I am currently unable to receive SMS (I can send them) and need some help to try and get it working, as the Giffgaff agent response was less than helpful (it seemed to be a canned response where my question obvously hadn't been read properly).

APN Settings:

Name: Giffgaff

APN: giffgaff.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: giffgaff

Password: password

Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication Type: Not set

APN Type: Not set

AP Protocol: IPv4

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

To get to the message centre settings I need to enter the code *#*#4636#*#*, enter Phone Information, then scroll down.

The SMSC is currently blank. When I hit the refresh button, it gets set to "+447802002606", 145. However, regardless of whrther I hit update, refresh again, etc, every time I go out of the settings and back in, the SMSC has been cleared again. If, rather than clicking refresh, I attempt to manually enter the SMSC details then click update, it says "update failure".

Has anyone else had this issue, and do they know how to rectify it? If you need any more details, just ask.

Thank in advance.

isabel1066
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,341
Best Answers: 275

Re: Nexus 4 not receiving SMS

type you phone in the search box.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kbates
Topics: 281
Kudos: 449
Best Answers: 38

try rebooting your phone
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
thehollyhopdrive

I've tried all the normal stuff. I've searched the community and followed all the other threads about not receiving texts (none were specific to my issue though). I've rebooted the phone, taken the SIM out and wiped it, etc, etc.

graduate
stryker9876

Follow this guide:
http://is.gd/manualroam
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
thehollyhopdrive

I've followed that guide and that didn't work either.

newcomer
thehollyhopdrive

Nexus 4 not receiving SMS

Any other ideas?

nate37
Topics: 81
Kudos: 1,967
Best Answers: 1,145

try deleting some of the messages in your inbox and then send yourself a sms.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
newcomer
thehollyhopdrive

I don't mean to

[ Edited ]

Can people please read the actual post before replying? I don't mean to sound rude, and I understand that people are trying to help, but the whole point of this network is that it is based around the community, including the support provided to customers, and "try turning it off" type answers are actually far more of a hinderance than a help.

I have no SMS in my inbox because I can't receive any SMS. I haven't since I got the phone and put the giffgaff SIM in it. I've asked an agent, rebooted the phone, followed the roaming guide, etc, etc.

Has anyone come across this specific issue?

patrice58
Topics: 39
Kudos: 174
Best Answers: 36

No I have not had the issue you are having. Remember people are trying to help you and you getting arsey is not really going to make people rush to help you. Just a thought to remember.