Help & Support

newcomer
ross71521
Best Answer

No data remaining on current plan - iPad

[ Edited ]

I have a giffgaff microSim in my new iPad.

When I attempt to connect to the internet over 3G I get a mixture of different messages. Sometimes "Could not activate mobile data network. You are not subscribed to a mobile data service"; sometimes "There is no data remaining on your current plan"; and sometimes the standard "Safari could not open the page becuase it could not connect to the server."

I know my APN settings are correct (giffgaff.com, etc) becuase I get mobile data to work sometimes, and I have data remaining on my current gigabag. Then, without me going into the settings app or changing anything, it'll stop working. Usually after I have been connected to a wifi network for a while and then disconnected again. Rebooting the device a couple of times usually fixes it, but it's extremely frustrating to have to reboot before I can use my device.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

PS I have read the tutorial posts and done everything suggested in the other threads I could find, my APN settings are correct.

steward
nogbad

Re: No data remaining on current plan - iPad

[ Edited ]

Pls ignore - didn't read op's post correctly!

I like Linux - do you?
supporter
nancym

My iPad does that "no data remaining" thing and usually that indicates it has reverted to O2 settings. Only happens after a software update, though. I do usually have to reset after putting the giffgaff settings in before it will work. Not sure why you would be experiencing this more often, unless you've done several software updates in a row?
d_eagleton

Hmm how about taking the sim out and giving it a quick wipe with a dry cloth? (Might have to re do the settings after this)

Or you able to test the sim in another micro device, to rule out a sim problem?
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
ross71521

APN settings being reset was my first thought as well, but they are still correct and I havn't done any software updates. I literally have mobile data before I connect to wifi, do nothing but download an app or browse with safari for a couple of hours on wifi, then when I go back to mobile data it doesn't work.
solid247
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,841
Best Answers: 416

Hi ross

Its sounds like the problem is with the sim

A problem was identified where people were experiancing
slow/ or intermitant signal issues

U should message agent heading the the message slow/intermitant connection

They will send u a questionair and if your answers to the questionair match the problems

They reprovision the sim for u

Mine was the same and is now fixed
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,246
Best Answers: 3,970

newcomer
ross71521

Thanks. My issue has been on going for about a week so I don't think it's related, but I will wait until I hear this 3G loss has been resolved before taking my query further.
newcomer
ross71521

Thank for the info, sounds like that might be it.

I'll wait until the reported global 3G problems (link below) have been resolved before I proceed, just in case it's related, although I don't think they are.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/Loss-of-Data-04-04-2012/m-p/3655641

solid247
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,841
Best Answers: 416

Il post the check list they asked me to do when i had the same issues if wish to go through that before u message the agent ?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim