Help & Support

pupil
smacha
Best Answer

Nokia X2-02 Internet Configuration.

I've just bought a Nokia X2-02, and I'm having issues with internet configuration. Normally, when I put my giffgaff SIM in a new phone, I get a text with the settings and I'm off. But when I put it in this phone, I didn't, and when I sent a 'settings' text to 2020 the reply was, "We are having trouble dealing with your request. http://giff.ly/gg blackberry has info about setting up your phone with mobile internet and picture messaging." My phone is definitely not a Blackberry!

A quick search on the forum came up with the general internet settings for all phones, but there's no where to enter them. When I go into the configurations for the giffgaff SIM, it just gives me a choice of choosing from O2 active, or O2 Pay & Go.

Does anyone have experience with this phone, or any knowledge as to what I can do?

Thanks! 

j_s
professor
j_s

Re: Nokia X2-02 Internet Configuration.

Go to the help tab and choose settings and type in your phone details
Get a free giffgaff Sim
trainee
adrisiqbal786

Go to the help tab and choose settings and type in your phone details
bonusball

usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,725
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 602

Put the following settings in
Apn-giffgaff.com
Username-giffgaff
Password-password
Get a free giffgaff Sim
associate
scottad

Try this to see if it will let you enter the settings manually (I don't have the phone so I'm not 100% sure this is the right method but it's worth a try)

The phone has a four-way directional Navi key and two soft keys on either side of this. The Navi key can also be pressed in to select options.

1. Press Menu (Navi key)
  2. Highlight Settings and then Select (press Navi key)
  3. Highlight Configuration and then Select (press Navi key)
  4. Highlight Personal settings and Select (press Navi key)
  5. Select Add new (press Navi key) or press Options (left soft key), highlight Add newand Select (Navi key)

I think then you should be able to choose what type of setting to enter

PhotobucketGet a free giffgaff SimPhotobucketPhotobucket
jokeyboi77

adrisiqbal786 this is the 3rd thread you have copied someones answers you need to stop mate or you'll be reported
pupil
smacha

@scottad, thanks but the problem is that there's no 'Personal settings' option in Configuration! I can only choose from a set of O2 options which I find very strange. If it's going to have any options it should be giffgaff shouldn't it? Just did a factory reset, and the same thing comes up. Very confused. 

pupil
smacha

Quick update:

I just tried a T-mobile SIM in the phone and it worked perfectly! Settings were promptly sent and the internet was good to go. This is really upsetting me as I'm either going to have to change the phone (which is perfect for me as I need a 2nd SIM for international calls and it's so convenient to have them both in the same handset) or change networks, which will annoy me hugely as I've only just managed to convince quite a few of my friends to join! :smileysad:

pupil
smacha

So I figured out how to sort this out on my phone and set up a guide here. It's by no means perfect but I hope it can help anyone who stumbles on this thread with the same problem I did.