04-01-2014 20:26 - edited 04-01-2014 20:27
Has anyone else had a problem receiving texts? Everything was fine until 1.30pm when I was sent 2 texts (from Vodafone network) - still not received and later other texts from Vodafone and Giffgaff networks not received. I can send texts, send and receive calls and haven't changed any settings.
My phone is a Nokia 710
on 04-01-2014 20:28
manual roam : http://is.gd/manualroam which can also help with problems of this nature
If you still have issues, check your local area status
here : http://bit.ly/o2status by entering your postcode.
This will inform you of any disruptions on the network and what services are available where you are now
on 04-01-2014 20:29
Hi,giffgaffer i hope this will sort your problem,
If you having problems with sending or receiving SMS/texts then this might resolve the problem.
1. Go to settings - 2. Then go to mobile networks
3. Select a network other than O2 (gg) i.e orange or tmobile.
4. Come out of settings and it should say no network coverage or something similar.
5. Repeat the process this time choosing O2 (gg) which should update the message centre and hopefully restarts the texts.
The message centre number in your message settings should be +447802002606
On an iPhone then it's a slightly different process.
1. Go to settings - 2. Go to carriers
3. Switch off automatic and manually change the carrier to something other then O2-UK i.e vodafone or orange.
4. Come out of settings and wait until it fails to connect to the other carrier.
5. Once it fails repeat the process and this time choose O2-UK
04-01-2014 20:30 - edited 04-01-2014 20:31
on 04-01-2014 20:30
Text the word 'settings' to 2020.
If you have an Android or smart phone/device, you can download the Giffgaff tweaker App from Google Play store onto your phone, using Wifi.
Alternatively, please see this guide on Internet settings for All Phones/Devices:
Also, try restarting your phone.
Check the network coverage status of your area from here:
please also try doing a manual roam http://is.gd/manualroam
on 04-01-2014 20:30
suggest contact the agents - there are other people posting similar problems in the past few days
William an agent is not needed in this case.