Help & Support

newcomer
louisacox

Number port

Hi, my number port started yesterday and the O2 sim went dead in th morning so switched to the giffgaff sim. My old number is still not ported over 30 hours later. Reading this site it suggests it should have completed by 9:30pm yesterday. Ive asked an agent but no reply, how long should an O2 to giffgaff port typically take?
seer
styly

Re: Number port

On the day of transfer (port-in)..
You will experience a loss of service at some stage between the hours of approximately 9am and 6pm. As the process is dependent on your old Service Provider releasing your number, we cannot offer assurances about the length of time you will be without service.

Watch out for an error message on your screen - when you lose service, you will see an error message similar to 'SIM card registration failed.' At this point, put your new SIM into your mobile..

Keep switching your mobile on and off. During the afternoon, switch the mobile off/on several times - the act of switching the mobile on causes a network search to start - until the transfer is completed this search will fail. When the number transfer is complete we will send you an email notification via My giffgaff, you will see giffgaff on the screen after switching your mobile on..

PLEASE NOTE:
NUMBER PORTING WILL NOT HAPPEN AT WEEKEND, IF YOU ARE WAITING OVER THE WEEKEND, EXPECT YOUR NUMBER TO GO THROUGH ON THE TUESDAY TO BE SAFE
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
suse22
Topics: 2
Kudos: 201

[ Edited ]
louisacox wrote:
Hi, my number port started yesterday and the O2 sim went dead in th morning so switched to the giffgaff sim. My old number is still not ported over 30 hours later. Reading this site it suggests it should have completed by 9:30pm yesterday. Ive asked an agent but no reply, how long should an O2 to giffgaff port typically take?

Typically they complete same day. However, you aren't alone in having this problem.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pupil
xeon

Mine took around 4 days if I remember rightly

:-/
suse22
Topics: 2
Kudos: 201

xeon wrote:
Mine took around 4 days if I remember rightly

:-/

Was that 4 days from submitting the request, or 4 days from when the porting process started?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
helper
charley16

It can take up to a week. It depends what day it gets submitted. Friday is the worst day to do it as they do nothing over the weekend and then they have a huge backlog to do so can take days to do so best bet is a Tuesday or Wednesday x
nellisere
Topics: 130
Kudos: 669
Ideas: 14
Best Answers: 46

I submitted my request via ask an agent on saturday, to be ported today, my number is now with giffgaff and I am just waiting for my details on my giffgaff to change, Giffgaff do not port numbers on a monday, although other networks may still release your number, so you should expect it to complete today
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If i have helped you at all, please click on the kudos button, it would make my day :smileyvery-happy:
newcomer
mackec

I put in the request 3 weeks ago to be ported yesterday. It was confirmed. It's been 30 hour since my number disappeared here also. Again here also, no response from agents at all.
pioneer
lukester

mackec wrote:
I put in the request 3 weeks ago to be ported yesterday. It was confirmed. It's been 30 hour since my number disappeared here also. Again here also, no response from agents at all.

Tuesday seems to be the first day of the week that port-ins happen but check your inbox on the mygiffgaff page for progress. Also check to see what mobile number is present if any on that page too. The only other avenue could be to contact an educator but there is a problem with agents turning around 24hr responses at present.

Get a free Giffgaff SimQR Code here -- Unlock your phone - Unlockopedia!!! --- Educators