Help & Support

newcomer
laurensismey18
Best Answer

PAC code.

Hi, I have lost my phone along with my giffgaff sim. I have now got a new phone and sim but would like to transfer my old number. Does anyone know how to get a PAC code without me having my old sim?

nosheen_kabul
Topics: 18
Kudos: 507
Best Answers: 528

Re: PAC code.

hi Lauren,

You don't need a pac code you would need to carry out a sim swap.

See here for how SIM swap works - http://is.gd/ggsimswap
Click to get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 airtime credit
hizzy_96
Topics: 0
Kudos: 66
Best Answers: 19

All you need to do is a sim swap
Get a free giffgaff Sim
figment_uk
Kudos: 5,378
Best Answers: 2,894

laurensismey18 wrote:

Hi, I have lost my phone along with my giffgaff sim. I have now got a new phone and sim but would like to transfer my old number. Does anyone know how to get a PAC code without me having my old sim?

Hi there

you do not need a PAC (Prting Authorisation Code) to do this - PACs are for moving a number from one mobile network to another

You can use SIM swap to transfer your number, credit/goodybag and payback over to a new SIM and there is no requirement for a new initial top-up.SIM swap does not transfer contacts over, so back up anything you need to save from your current SIM before starting!

You need a spare SIM that has never been activated. If you don't already have one, head to your spread giffgaff page. Be sure to select the correct size for your device.

To use SIM swap to transfer your number, credit and goodybag etc to a new SIM:

• Remember to back up your current SIM before starting!
  • Go to the activation page;
  • Enter the 6 digit activation code from the new SIM;
  • Click Continue. The SIM Replacement page will load;
  • Check and confirm the details of the old and new SIMs are correct - especially if you have more than one giffgaff account in the family, otherwise you could end up swapping the wrong SIM!;
  • Click Yes, I want to replace my SIM;
  • Click Yes, I'm sure;
  • Wait while the transfer processes (approx 30 minutes)
Get a free SIM card with £5 free credit by 1st class postGet a free SIM card with £5 free creditGet a free SIM card with £5 free credit
allan1954
Topics: 289
Kudos: 1,819
Best Answers: 389

you should have reported your gg sim lost and gg would have sent you new one with all details on.pac code not needed just do sim swap did you report lost you gg sim card.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kainnero
Topics: 36
Kudos: 582
Best Answers: 266

if you are staying with giffgaff you don't need a pac code. you just order another sim and activate it and choose the option that says you want to transfer your account details. or you can report your old sim lost and have giffgaff send a replacement but that takes longer
Accept a solution if your problem was solved to help everyone out
sam_312
Topics: 14
Kudos: 405
Best Answers: 241

laurensismey18 wrote:

hi

what you needed to do was to do a sim swap when you got your new sim. in this way you would have linked the new sim with your old phone number.

you can not transfer a phone number from one giffgaff sim to another.

so the best way to get your number back would be to order a new sim, and then once your get this, log in to your old giffgaff account and then perform what is known as a sim swap.

more info on how you can do this here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-use-SIM-Swap/td-p/6885194

you don't need to top up as part of the sim swap process, like you do when activating a new sim

hope this helps

paulwhite92
Topics: 15
Kudos: 146
Best Answers: 3

you will ahve t ogo to the lost and stolen section

headcell
Topics: 257
Kudos: 1,162
Best Answers: 89

Hello and welcome to giffgaff.

did you report you sim as lost/stolen? If so, then the new SIM should already have your number on it. If not, then you should request a sim swap. See this handy giffgaff guide for more information on how to do this: http://bit.ly/ggsimwapinfo

Please note:
- You can only do a SIM Swap between 4:30am and 9:30pm.
- Once started, SIM Swap is non-reversible.
- Back up any data on the SIM.
~~Have I helped? Consider giving Kudos (the star on the right) or tagging my post as the best answer. Thank you!~~