Help & Support

sloz

Re: Payforit / KKOMobile, "text STOP to..." scam.

You need airtime credit in order to send the text, texting shortcodes isn't included in your goodybag allowances, I realy wouldn't just do nothing, if it means having to top up an extra 5 pounds in order to send the text yo stop the service I would do that,
Or alternatively call 08458341119 from another number number or landline and remove your number from the system that way
yetanothersim
Topics: 30
Kudos: 167
Ideas: 6
Best Answers: 16

bin the sim and get another if you have used all your credit :smileywink:

Get your free giffgaff Sim
rizwan2k12
Topics: 6
Kudos: 52
Best Answers: 17

They cant take money from your account if you dont have any money in your account
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
a2thek

no one has touched my phone i know that for a fact. i have definitely not subscribed!! my understanding is that the 'free' message you received has cost you nothing and it only charges you the 450 whn you reply to the number to stop it! thats why it wont let you reply with no credit!! just delete the message and forget about it :-)

newcomer
redcrosss

IT SEEMS TO ME, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS JUST KEEPING ZERO BALANCE ON YOUR SIM CARD.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW NOWADAYS THOSE **bleep** COULD TAKE MONEY FROM MY PHONE, JUST BY SENDING A MESSAGE TO ME !!!!

2cats
Kudos: 121

[ Edited ]

Hi @redcrosss 

Sorry to hear of your grief.

Report it to PhonePayPlus, here:

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Forward the text to SPAM (7726).

Zero credit, yes, or ask an Agent to change your mobile number:

"Preventing unwanted calls

http://giff.ly/agentscallbarring

• If you want to bar incoming, outgoing or international calls
  • If you want to change your phone number"

Hope you can get rid of these nasty calls, 2Cats

Ignore any suggestions to text a word to 2020, it's dead, finished, over, defunct, old hat...

Great giffgaff international rates (from Airtime Credit) when dialling from the UK
Free Facebook & Twitter SMS updates with this link: Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 credit from here
trevor476
Kudos: 749
Best Answers: 311

redcrosss wrote:

IT SEEMS TO ME, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS JUST KEEPING ZERO BALANCE ON YOUR SIM CARD.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW NOWADAYS THOSE **bleep** COULD TAKE MONEY FROM MY PHONE, JUST BY SENDING A MESSAGE TO ME !!!!

Hi redcrosss, I found some info from 2012 here http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08458341119/2

As well as the curtomer service response to complaints (see below) they also have published the name and address of the company behind the scam/service.

Dear all,

Thank you for sharing your concerns.

We would like to start by saying that the KKO Mobile store offers a wide variety of licensed content for all tastes and the possibility of legal downloads for your smartphone.

Users must perform three voluntary actions on their mobile in order to subscribe to our service: first, the user should click on our mobile advert; then, on our landing page with the price of the subscription; and finally, on the billing page, on which the cost of the service is once again outlined.

Users can also arrive directly to our mobile site, where they would have to select a product from our catalogue; then, they will arrive to the product page where they have to click again to be redirected to the billing page where a final click is required.

No subscription can be activated without these 3 actions being conducted on your mobile.
Additionally, when you subscribe you receive a free welcome SMS with information about the service. We also send an SMS each month to remind you that your subscription remains active. In both SMS you will find our contact number, a url to the service, the price of the service and information on how to unsubscribe.

You can also unsubscribe from KKO Mobile at any time by simply sending the word STOP to 61973.
Do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service should you have you questions or concerns.
Our customer care service is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, if you want to contact us please fill out the form at http://contact.kkomobile.co.uk/ or phone us: 0845-834-1119.

Hopefully, this has contributed to answer some of your questions.

Lucy,
Customer Service Agent
KKO Mobile

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Been told to contact an agent? Read this guide on when and how to contact an agent
Click on my badge and send me a private message if you want a sim sent by first class post.
2cats
Kudos: 121

[ Edited ]

Hi @chrisruptor 

My guess is that this text was purely speculative,

relying on you to respond,

don't think you would have clicked "subscribe",

anyway your screen would have been locked if it was in your pocket...

Google results?

I mean search, before even thinking of answering :smileywink:

Hmmm, interesting... a lot in 2011, hitting "3", then "Voda",

they must have moved office and started up again :smileysad:

Report it to PhonePayPlus, here:

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Forward the text to SPAM (7726).

http://whocallsme.com

Change your number?

(see previous posts)

Good luck, 2Cats

PS, any recent "free" Apps?

Ignore any suggestions to text a word to 2020, it's dead, finished, over, defunct, old hat...

Great giffgaff international rates (from Airtime Credit) when dialling from the UK
Free Facebook & Twitter SMS updates with this link: Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 credit from here
newcomer
redcrosss

[ Edited ]

It is not true a2thek,
I haven't responded to that message at all, and £5 was taken from my balance immediately after I received the sms