Help & Support

newcomer
veronique1971
Best Answer

Phone asking for a sim lock password

Hi,

I need your help!

My son has been messing about with his phone and ended up with locking the sim card.

After consulting giffgaff and followed instructions, I opted for the sim card replacement (by activating a new sim card as required) as his PUK was blocked and we could not do anything with his phone. The transfer seemed to have worked, his same mobile number appears on his account on line. However when we turn the phone on, it asks for a SIM lock password. Excuse my ignorance but is this the PUK code? Not sure about stuff like that!! Anyway if it is I have also tried by requesting a PUK code from Giffgaff then entered the given code unfortunately this does not work either. I am running out of ideas here!!

I would very much appreciate anyone help!

Many thanks to all

Spoiler

Topics: 16
Kudos: 398
Best Answers: 444

Re: Phone asking for a sim lock password

Try 5555 or 6666 as default.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bengalknights
Topics: 21
Kudos: 2,469
Best Answers: 1,629

Try 5555 for sim pin
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
furious4u

HI,

There is different types of SIm lock for example:

on the iphone it is the pin number

on Some Samsung Sim locks means it needs unlocking or a password has been set to lock it down to one sim card and without a code the phone won't startup.

Hvae you used a giff gaff sim before in that phone? if not than it may need unlocking and if it is a phone that you have aquired ask the pertson for a sim lock code.

utid2013
Topics: 3
Kudos: 96
Best Answers: 35

Sim lock pins are 6666 or 5555 mate one of these should unlock it for you
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Topics: 6
Kudos: 13
Best Answers: 18

Hello ,

Try either one to unlock the codes are 6666 or 5555.

Im sure it will unlock it. 

figment_uk
Kudos: 3,261
Best Answers: 2,026

[ Edited ]

veronique1971 wrote:

Hi,

I need your help!

My son has been messing about with his phone and ended up with locking the sim card.

After consulting giffgaff and followed instructions, I opted for the sim card replacement (by activating a new sim card as required) as his PUK was blocked and we could not do anything with his phone. The transfer seemed to have worked, his same mobile number appears on his account on line. However when we turn the phone on, it asks for a SIM lock password. Excuse my ignorance but is this the PUK code? Not sure about stuff like that!! Anyway if it is I have also tried by requesting a PUK code from Giffgaff then entered the given code unfortunately this does not work either. I am running out of ideas here!!

I would very much appreciate anyone help!

Many thanks to all

The SIM becomes blocked after inputting an incorrect PIN three times. A PUK is then needed to unblock it. If the wrong PUK is entered 10 times, the SIM becomes permanently disabled and you have to order a new SIM.

What is the make and model of the phone?

I presume this phone was working OK with the giffgaff SIM before he stated messing?

'SIM lock password' usually refers to a password that has been put onto the phone to protect against the SIM card being changed (not the PIN). At a guess, this is one of the things your son was messing with, and if I'm right,  only your son will know what the password is. If he's forgotten what he entered a factory reset on the phone may be necessary, which will wipe everything from it and put it back to the way it was on the day he got the phone.

Please do not keep trying random passwords as you may actually make the problem worse.

associate
fahim_ahmed_khan

Try default pins like 5555
newcomer
veronique1971

Hi,
Thank you. His phone is a Samsung chat 222, it worked fine before. First, the phone asks for a phone lock password, he remembers that one! Then once this is entered, the Sim lock password is required, he does not remember that one! Do you know how to reset it?
Many thanks
ljrose
Kudos: 410

You may have entered the wromg one too many times so now you need the PUK code

get it here

https://giffgaff.com/support/puk

Please Mark as Solution the post that Solved your Problem and give Kudo to anyone you think helped you.