Help & Support

newcomer
dsemanuel

Re: Problem with My giffgaff app (iPhone)

george96 . How can i jailbreak 4.2.1 ??

Thanks

marvel
andy0

kissmyaura wrote:

I may be mistaken but I...

so you may be wrong, but nobody else is entitled to be, even for a moment?

not very generous

sloz

It's possible to get in to the forums by 2quick clicks of the community tab. I'm posting from the app now.
sloz

Dosnt work now still kicks me out
newcomer
trendywitch

It is still not working here either despite reinstalling it twice! was working ok up to mid evening yesterday
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
enigma
sonesor

It wont work until the updated app is released (after being ok'd by apple)

The website updates that giffgaff did yesterday have caused an incompatibilty. No amount of uninstalling will help, the app needs to be updated to work with the changes

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,165
Best Answers: 3,962

I posted this on another My Giffgaff thread

My copy isn't crashing. ( Iphone 4 - iOS 4.2.1)
My account has just credit and no live or queued goodybags

Can people post their combinations to help the developer in narrowing down the issue

newcomer
pashbot

good call. ive reported the issue via app store yesterday, others probably did too, so do we know if the developer is aware of the issue?

im using an iphone 3g, ios 4.2.1. 

my account is in credit, i have a live goody bag and no queued goody bags.

the app has been crashing out consistently since 07/02 after it reads 'activating session'.

darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,165
Best Answers: 3,962

[ Edited ]

pashbot wrote:

good call. ive reported the issue via app store yesterday, others probably did too, so do we know if the developer is aware of the issue?

Please see the latest update from the developer of the app

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/My-giffgaff-in-iphone-app-store-upd...

handy giff-staffer
confidence

@kissmyaura

quite a bit of testing and fiing was done before release, but unfortunately I cannot test to a 100% accuracy what will happen in the future.

We (any registered apple dev) do have prior knowledge to changes and updates apple make (to some extent). This is not the problem. It is that I do not have any prior knowledge to changes and updates that giffgaff make.

you compared my app to steve jobs, the iphone 4, the ipad, and black OPS (I mean its not MW2..) but I'm flattered none the less.

@smaugsbane

You make a very fair point, while it is fair that the app may not work from time to time, I agree it should not crash, see link below for the reason why it crashed. In terms of security flaws, the address to which the login details are sent is hardcoded, and the url is initialised just when it is being used and then released when finished with, so I think a buffer overrun exploitation to get peoples details would be difficult. Again if you read the link as to why the app crashed, I hope you would reconsider that the app has "really gone down", even if you don't, any criticism you want to give that could help my programming/ develop the app better is ofcourse appreciated.

@everyone

explanation/ status etc.... http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/My-giffgaff-in-iphone-app-store-upd...

developer of the my giffgaff iPhone app