Help & Support

beginner
martinsaweirs

Re: Push Gmail using native Samsung Galaxy Note email client

She's a big beast, but you fairly quickly get used to it and going back to an iPhone seems tiny. The screen is gorgeous, it's lightning fast, and overall I'm very impressed. I was worried about subpar music performance, but I got poweramp and double twist to sync music from my mac to the phone and it works great and sounds great with my klipsch x10s. The widgets are great (as a new android convert) and I think I'll be keeping it for the next 12 months until I get a look at the iPhone 5. I had an iPhone for 3 years, and still have a 4, but have grown pretty bored of rows and rows of icons.

I thought about the nexus, but there's no microSD slot and 16gb isn't enough for me. And anyway, the note will get the ICS update in a few months time. As for the s-pen, I don't think I'll use it a huge amount, but it's pretty nifty for taking and editing screenshots.

All in all, very happy. I'll be even happier when I can get the native email app to push!!
beginner
martinsaweirs

I finally fixed the issue - it was a combination of different settings, not the same as the iPhone:

Email address: email@gmail.com
Password: My Gmail password
Domain/User Name: google\email@gmail.com
Exchange server: m.google.com

Loving the Note, big but with a lot to offer. Still on o2, not looking forward to porting my number over shortly after reading some of the horror stories!

galaxynote
Topics: 78
Kudos: 213
Ideas: 13
Best Answers: 18

Thanks very much for this. I've now been able to configure a business gmail account (which doesn't end in "@gmail.com") on my Galaxy Note.
just a Note to say...
beginner
martinsaweirs

Glad to be of help!