Help & Support

newcomer
mark1p
Best Answer

Receive some phone calls and some messages

Have updated to IOS7.0.3 on an Iphone5s

I can get some phone calls from friends on mobile but some with no messages. Also I waited all day on a phone call from a landline that never arrived along with a text message that never arrived. It did not even go to answer machine but just went dead which the caller told me only after I rang them and I did have a signal also! I tried my landline number to my mobile and guess what, yes you guessed it just went completely dead with no pick up from answer machine either. 

Have already tried the settings for the following:

Cellular Data

APN giffgaff.com

Username vertigo

Password password

And MMS

APN giffgaff.com

Username vertigo

Password password

Any new ideas to try please?

star1000
Kudos: 721
Best Answers: 528

Re: Receive some phone calls and some messages

Hi Try restarting your phone, Then see here Poor Network / No Signal Received

See the link below to check if there are any network issues in your area.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/S?ervice-Checker-and-Planned-Mast-Maintenance/td-p/...?...

Or see here

O2's coverage in your area. http://bit.ly/o2coverage

Restart/Reboot/Reset A quick restart and/or a reboot of the device can help you get reception on your phone. Also you could remove your sim and give it a wipe with a clean cloth, then reinsert it. Or you could do a manual roam

http://is.gd/manualroam

If these don't help then sometimes you may need to restore the device to factory settings (how it was when you took it out of the box) but then you will need to reinput your internet settings.

Click The Banner For A Free Sim Card With £5 Credit.Get a free giffgaff Sim
jeancalvy
Topics: 2
Kudos: 85
Best Answers: 39

Hello,

Try a reset of network settings

go to
Settings
General
Reset ( at the bottom of the page)
And click reset network settings

Once the phone restarts
change the mobile data and mms apn 's
From idata.o2.co.uk
To giffgaff.com
( leave the usernames as vertigo)
dont click reset

Now turn airplane mode on and off to kick start a connection
Also clear history, data and cookies in safari settings
Get a free giffgaff Sim
mizzy7861
Topics: 38
Kudos: 207
Best Answers: 6

must be the network coverage
steward
haleemah2002

helper
zedzed65

newcomer
mark1p

An update for the my issues regarding some phone calls and some messages

Apparently it was a sim issue which I have changed over to a new one and done a sim swap as per the agents advice

But have now been advised that it is a problem with the new IOS7 update by the agent

The problem still continues with no landline numbers able to get through and I mean 0, even my own! And some messages do not come through when sent by someone or when I send a message it is sent as an email address instead the occasional time. Mobile numbers can get through, well most that I know of anyway!

I can phone outgoing numbers and send messages with no issues up to now

Is this really the case? Can anyone receive landline phone calls to an iphone 5s with IOS7.0.3?

newcomer
mark1p

Further Update

Not an IOS7 issue after all as per last giffgaff agents reply regarding no incoming calls from landlines

Latest response from agents is that it is a split port and is getting resolved by the Giff Gaff team. This was due to changing over from last network to giffgaff and they said it is likely that my previous provider has not released all the required files for my number port to go through 

I will wait to see what happens and update all

newcomer
mark1p

FINAL UPDATE

Well after waiting and waiting its finally happened............ FIXED, FIXED & FIXED!

So you want to know the answer 

1. Back up your iPhone in iTunes.
  2. Disconnect the iPhone from iTunes.
  3. Turn FaceTime and iMessage off:
    • Settings > FaceTime
    • Settings > Messages
  4. Navigate to Settings > General > Reset and select "Erase all content and settings".
  5. In the iOS setup assistant, select "Set Up as New iPhone".
  6. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage. Go to:
    • Settings > FaceTime and tap "Use your Apple ID for FaceTime"
    • Settings > Messages and tap "Use your Apple ID with iMessage"
  7. Verify that FaceTime and iMessage activate successfully. It may take up to 24 hours to complete activation. When activation is successful, a check mark will be visible next to your phone number and email address inSettings > FaceTime and Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
  8. Disable automatic syncing in iTunes.
    • For Mac OS X: Click the iTunes menu and choose Preferences. Click the Devices tab and select the option to "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically". Click OK.
    • For Windows: Click the Edit menu and choose Preferences. Click the Devices tab and select the option to "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically". Click OK.
  9. Connect the iPhone and restore from the backupDo not perform a full restore.

Thanks to the other community members who wrote the above. 

Imessage and Facetime activation all fixed with all the ticks beside phone number and email address. No more waiting on activation!!!

Trust me it works. If you have the same issue with your phone number NOT being displayed, NO incoming calls from landlines and imessage and facetime waiting on activation without any luck then i highly recommend you try this

If it dosen't let me know

But if it does KUDOS me!