Reply
beginner
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎23-11-2010
Best Answer

SIM network unlock PIN

when i turned my phone it suddenly said i need a PIN to unlock my network, meaning i dont have any network if i ignore it so i can't use my phone. any clues to what it could be? thanksSmiley Happy

Lucy

Best Answer
Chosen by topic author lucyeastwood
beginner
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

i have unlocked it, my dad had an unlocking code from before, i think it somehow locked again thank you for all your help though! Smiley Happy xxx

View Best Answer in original post


All Replies
Posts: 40,902
Topics: 24
Kudos: 4,684
Registered: ‎21-07-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

 


lucyeastwood wrote:

when i turned my phone it suddenly said i need a PIN to unlock my network, meaning i dont have any network if i ignore it so i can't use my phone. any clues to what it could be? thanksSmiley Happy

Lucy


Have you just changed your phone?  There is network code but if you've been using your sim then it shouldn't be that.

 

tipster
Posts: 284
Registered: ‎09-11-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

 try 0000 and if that dont work 1234 if neither of those work it may be because the sim is incompatible with hanset xxx mariam

If your problem is solved, please press ACCEPT SOLUTION to close query, and let us know what you did to rectify the problem. Thanks.
beginner
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

no its my normal phone which i have been using with the sim for a while now as it was unlocked, only just today when i turned it on it said i need the pin on the screen, i dont know why though?

Posts: 40,902
Topics: 24
Kudos: 4,684
Registered: ‎21-07-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

 


lucyeastwood wrote:

no its my normal phone which i have been using with the sim for a while now as it was unlocked, only just today when i turned it on it said i need the pin on the screen, i dont know why though?


The giffgaff network pin is 5555 but I can't think of a reason why it should ask for it out of the blue.  You haven't changed any phone pins have you?

 

beginner
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

no, i turned it off last night, turned it on this morning and it just came up on the screen and no numbers are working so i cant get the network Smiley Indifferent

Posts: 40,902
Topics: 24
Kudos: 4,684
Registered: ‎21-07-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

 


lucyeastwood wrote:

no, i turned it off last night, turned it on this morning and it just came up on the screen and no numbers are working so i cant get the network Smiley Indifferent


Take the sim out and clean it first, make sure the sim is seated properly and try it again. Then come back here.

 

beginner
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

hasnt worked Smiley Sad

Posts: 17,210
Registered: ‎08-07-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

What phone are you using, and what is the exact wording of the message you receive?
Posts: 40,902
Topics: 24
Kudos: 4,684
Registered: ‎21-07-2010

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

 


lucyeastwood wrote:

hasnt worked Smiley Sad


Before you try the entering  5555, do you have another phone you can test your sim in?