Help & Support

beginner
lucyeastwood
Best Answer

SIM network unlock PIN

when i turned my phone it suddenly said i need a PIN to unlock my network, meaning i dont have any network if i ignore it so i can't use my phone. any clues to what it could be? thanks:smileyhappy:

Lucy

rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 4,041

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

lucyeastwood wrote:

when i turned my phone it suddenly said i need a PIN to unlock my network, meaning i dont have any network if i ignore it so i can't use my phone. any clues to what it could be? thanks:smileyhappy:

Lucy

Have you just changed your phone?  There is network code but if you've been using your sim then it shouldn't be that.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and a password reset link.
tipster
mariamparveen123

try 0000 and if that dont work 1234 if neither of those work it may be because the sim is incompatible with hanset xxx mariam

If your problem is solved, please press ACCEPT SOLUTION to close query, and let us know what you did to rectify the problem. Thanks.
beginner
lucyeastwood

no its my normal phone which i have been using with the sim for a while now as it was unlocked, only just today when i turned it on it said i need the pin on the screen, i dont know why though?

rayhoo

lucyeastwood wrote:

no its my normal phone which i have been using with the sim for a while now as it was unlocked, only just today when i turned it on it said i need the pin on the screen, i dont know why though?

The giffgaff network pin is 5555 but I can't think of a reason why it should ask for it out of the blue.  You haven't changed any phone pins have you?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and a password reset link.
beginner
lucyeastwood

no, i turned it off last night, turned it on this morning and it just came up on the screen and no numbers are working so i cant get the network :smileyindifferent:

rayhoo

lucyeastwood wrote:

no, i turned it off last night, turned it on this morning and it just came up on the screen and no numbers are working so i cant get the network :smileyindifferent:

Take the sim out and clean it first, make sure the sim is seated properly and try it again. Then come back here.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

beginner
lucyeastwood

hasnt worked :smileysad:

seer
giffgafful

What phone are you using, and what is the exact wording of the message you receive?
rayhoo

lucyeastwood wrote:

hasnt worked :smileysad:

Before you try the entering  5555, do you have another phone you can test your sim in?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim