Help & Support

newcomer
bargainboy

SIM service provider unlock pin

Hello, just joined Giffgaff!

Just one possibly two problems...?

Activated sim...payed £10 for goodybag... Just put Sim into my 'unlocked' Orange phone. (used a reccomended unlocking company by giffgaff few weeks ago, HTC desire phone said phone unlocked )

After putting giffgaff SIM I get the message on my phone:  Network locked. SIM service provider unlock pin ??

I want to also switch my number across after this problem before my Orange pac code runs out 30days from 26th October and contract ends 26/27th October. Just wondering what to say so I dont end up paying an extra month phone bill with orange. ??

Appreciate your help

guide
richy99

Re: SIM service provider unlock pin

once the pac code is activated by giffgaff your account with orange wil lclose so you are best off asking for a port date a day or two before your billing date

are you sure the phone is unlocked?

These are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of Giffgaff and their employees
tipster
tonyh938v

bargainboy wrote:

Hello, just joined Giffgaff!

Just one possibly two problems...?

Activated sim...payed £10 for goodybag... Just put Sim into my 'unlocked' Orange phone. (used a reccomended unlocking company by giffgaff few weeks ago, HTC desire phone said phone unlocked )

After putting giffgaff SIM I get the message on my phone:  Network locked. SIM service provider unlock pin ??

I want to also switch my number across after this problem before my Orange pac code runs out 30days from 26th October and contract ends 26/27th October. Just wondering what to say so I dont end up paying an extra month phone bill with orange. ??

Appreciate your help

Try putting the unlock code in the phone again, I have read of some phones that say "unlocked" but you have to put the code in a couple of times for it to work.

Failing that, go back to the company you got the code from and varify that the code is correct against your phones IMEI number.

nellisere
Topics: 130
Kudos: 729
Ideas: 14
Best Answers: 46

Network Locked means that the phone is not unlocked, try to unlock it again
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If i have helped you at all, please click on the kudos button, it would make my day :smileyvery-happy:
zippygeorgebungle
Kudos: 920

you need to go back to the company whom unlocked it as its still not unlocked. If it asks for a network unlock or service provider unlock code its still locked. I would just call orange and pay for the unlock code.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

seer
giffgafful

It sounds like the unlock failed. If you can take it to the place where you got it unlocked with your giffgaff SIM (which must be activated, including a topup, with your number displayed under My giffgaff) and insist that it must work before you accept the phone has been correctly unlocked.

newcomer
bargainboy

Will try unlocking phone again, then contact unlockdata company if I still have problems, will keep you posted thx
newcomer
bargainboy

somehow worked this time, problems of these questions resolved
newcomer
bargainboy

thx for your help guys, will ask about different problem in another thread.
newcomer
pogeo

Orange, HTC desire, pay monthly account. 

For some reason I had to put in the code twice. I bought the unlock code for just over a tenner from mobileunlocked.co.uk, and they were pretty quick (about 15 mins).

The first time I put it in (when the message on the phone was "network locked") I was told that it had been successful, but it was still locked, with message "Sim service provider unlock pin". After getting very annoyed, I came on here, and then tried putting it in again. Worked fine.

Good luck all. If you haven't tried doing it for free, do:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Unlock-HTC-Desire-Free/ba-p/3185757

It worked on my last HTC Desire, but now I think they might be wise to this, it didn't work with my new one, even though it's the same model.