Help & Support

newcomer
stepone

Samsung Galaxy S APN Settings - Tried settings from the 2 other posts with no joy!

Hi, I'm a new giffgaffer & I've been trying to get the internet working on my Samsung Galaxy S. I've entered all of the settings as recommended in this thread: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Samsung-Galaxy-S-internet-settings... After doing this the Hspda connected symbol comes up & has 4-5 bars but when I try to load a web page nothing happens... However if I go to the youtube app it does connect & streams over Hspda pretty quickly. Can anyone else with a Samsung Galaxy S please confirm ALL of the settings I should set my phone to, to get the internet running as the guide in the link misses a few things on my APN settings (ie authentication type & apn type etc) Any help would be most appreciated.
newcomer
stepone

Re: Samsung Galaxy S APN Settings - Tried settings from the 2 other posts with no joy!

I've just setup my gmail account on the galaxy s and I can also send & receive emails. However none of the connecting widgets (eg weather) can get a net connection either. Hspda is connected & working for some things to get data/net access but not others, there must be a wrong setting somewhere... can anyone help? Maybe post a COMPLETE list of everything I need to do to get the net working? Thanks.
newcomer
stepone

Re: Samsung Galaxy S APN Settings - Tried settings from the 2 other posts with no joy!

Now fixed myself by using only the basic settings with no proxies or ports entered.
kerbitroy
Topics: 3
Kudos: 38
Best Answers: 5

[ Edited ]

I see you've got it working, but in some cases you need to restart your phone before the new settings will take effect.

Also, are you sure that there are no other APNs activated?

Please read this before asking a question: Newbies FAQs

Want a giffgaff sim with £5 free credit? E-mail your name & address to kerbitroy@getgiffgaff.info

novice
webcash

Stepone to assist other people it may be an idea to post the exact settings you used.I know you said the most basic settings but as people read your post it may be beneficial to post them within this thread.just a thought

Peter
newcomer
zcomputer5

Hello, I am having the same problems here that frist post described, would it be possible for someone to help me out what the basic settings are. Thankk you.

mondeoman1970

zcomputer5 wrote:

Hello, I am having the same problems here that frist post described, would it be possible for someone to help me out what the basic settings are. Thankk you.

INTERNET SETTINGS:

1. Touch the Menu key
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Wireless & networks
4. Touch Mobile networks
5. Touch Access Point Names
6. Touch the Menu key
7. Touch New APN
8. Touch Name
9. Enter giffgaff touch OK
10. Touch APN
11. Enter: giffgaff.com
12. Touch OK
13. Touch Proxy
14. Enter 93.113.200.195, touch OK
15. Touch Port
16. Enter 8080, touch OK
17. Touch Username
18. Enter giffgaff, touch OK
19. Touch Password
20. Enter password, touch OK
21. Touch the Menu key
22. Touch Save
23. Touch the circle to the right of the giffgaff profile name you have just created to turn it green
24. Press the Home key to return to the home screen
25. Touch Applications
26. Touch Browser
27. Touch the Menu key
28. Touch More
29. Touch Settings
30. Scroll to and touch Set home page
31. Enter http://mobile.giffgaff.com, touch OK.

the MMS settings you need

Connection Name: giffgaff - MMS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password
Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
APN type: mms

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
zcomputer5

Yeah thats what I have already put but like the first poster described, only the app store and email work, but web pages do not load!

Do you have any more ideas?

mondeoman1970

Check your browsers default connection setting. it could still be set for your old network. And restart the phone.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
zcomputer5

I don't seem to be able to find this on my Galaxy S, as it is not under settings.