Help & Support

newcomer
dvella9
Best Answer

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Cant Download MMS Messages/Cant Download Pics from Texts Messages

I received a picture message and when i tried to download it..it says "unable to download please try again later" - i have restarted my phone and i dont know what else it could be. Is this a giffgaff settings issue?

kingpin
shafpatel

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Cant Download MMS Messages/Cant Download Pics from Texts Messages

seer
giffgafful

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Cant Download MMS Messages/Cant Download Pics from Texts Messages

Check your settings:

Manual Settings:

GPRS-3G Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff - GPRS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 193.113.200.195
Proxy Port:8080
Login - Username: giffgaff
Password: password
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

MMS Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff - MMS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password
Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
APN type: mms

safe_1996
Topics: 39
Kudos: 334
Ideas: 4
Best Answers: 71

Are you using giffgaff internet? Download giffgaffapn from the the play store using wifi and install settings.
kenya
Topics: 21
Kudos: 153
Best Answers: 26

You might have to set up your internet settings. Download the giffgaff apn app from the google play store
hope i helped if i did kudos me and accept my answer as the solution, thanks :smileyhappy:
gaffout
Kudos: 1,892
Best Answers: 1,384

Everything you need in here...

ANDROID - http://bit.ly/jitbandroid
Please remember to choose a 'BEST ANSWER' Where you received one & give a little KUDOS to those who helped :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
associate
manguexa

remove old settings n install giffgaff even if u have giffgaff setting remove n re install them http://thebetteryouknow.webs.com/

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
missbabs02

I joined on Friday: got the messages saying that I could use MMS and internet, went to London, couldnt get any internet.  I am not "tecci" but came back on Sunday evening, went on forum and downloaded giff gaff apn, and got everything sorted.  Then sorted out my partner's iphone which was MUCH easier.  Today, I got the above message saying I couldnt download pictures, having not had any problems in this regard.  Nearly jumped out of the window reading solutions involving restoring settings, so turned off the phone and on again, and hey presto, the pictures downloaded.  I then got two messages from giff gaff 1: saying it had sent settings, which it hadnt (as before) and 2: to the effect that I could now use internet and mms. I cant understand why I have got this again:  I converted and downloaded synctunes today in order to get my itunes onto the phone - so wonder if this has messed things up?  cant be doing with this all the time.  thanks

newcomer
kiwi666

copied this works a treat,thanks

newcomer
davidcpemberton

Just get 

Customer Portal is not enabled for this interface.

??? 

Thanks 

David