Help & Support

newcomer
thepurplegoldfish

Signal Issues

I've been with GG for a couple of weeks now and the signal isn't great indoors not just at my house but indoors in general, although according to O2 Coverage Checker its 'Good Indoors and Outdoors' for Voice, Text, Email & Data, as well as Mobile Internet. I've also looked on the O2 Service Status too - Nothing.

I have even bought 2 signal boosters for my phone installed them they make no difference at all. 

Any Advice? I REALLY want to stay with GG for the fabulous Goodbags (although they could put sweets in them too).

phenomenon
aandms

Re: Signal Issues

Try the sim in another phone
Get a free Giffgaff SimOr for a giffgaff hybrid sim (for all phones inc iphone 4, 4S and ipad) , also with £5 free credit but sent 1st class, fill in this form
aks782
Kudos: 2,458

Do you have a smartphone? When indoors you could set it to use 2G signal only, as 2G signal is better at pentrating walls and thus will allow you to make calls and send texts whilst at home.

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

heavy hitter
johowd

i got this e-mail off GG    We've got a special invitatio...

i got this e-mail off GG

We've got a special invitation only offer for you:

Get a friend join giffgaff between 14th January and midnight 14th Feb 2011, and instead of getting 500 payback points we'll add £ 15 bonus credit to your balance.

but on my news feed it says £5 which one is correct  ??

tipster
mariamparveen123

try sim in another handset of take urz of and take batery out wait 5 mins then start the phone should work.
if i have helped select the yellow star by my name
consultant
donnie

[ Edited ]

@johowd

Refer to the email you recieved you are part of a test group and have been chosen for a trial offer

Edit: for more info refer to agent link provided

Welcome to giffgaff
newcomer
thepurplegoldfish

I've already tried different handset. It's signal not phone.

academic
dariocrosier

Try using an o2 sim see if you're signal really is good indoors etc.

If its still poor than its genuinely just your signal, have you ever had Good signal ? i.e. Centre of town ?

If I helped please give kudos by clicking the star below my name :smileyvery-happy:
If I solved your question please accept my answer as solution :smileyvery-happy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
thepurplegoldfish

Signal is fine outside, just when you come indoors it goes to poo.

academic
dariocrosier

Probably just the your house obstructing the signal... only thing i can suggest is another network. :/ sorry mate

If I helped please give kudos by clicking the star below my name :smileyvery-happy:
If I solved your question please accept my answer as solution :smileyvery-happy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim