Help & Support

newcomer
londino
Best Answer

Sim does not work on new iPhone 4..."The SIM card inserted in this iPhone ..."

Hi, This is my story: Yesterday I swapped a broken iPhone 4 for a new one in an Apple store in London. My old iPhone 4 was locked to O2 in Ireland ( it belonged to my Mother in law!). I had my GG sim cut this morning and when I put it in, I get this message "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store".. I have tried with another sim from Tmobile and got the same message, so it is not a GG issue. The guy in the shop says that it may be locked to the Irish O2 network....? Don't know what to do, is it barred, just locked?, how much does it cost to unlock and where can I do it?Any guru can help me....? Thanks a lot
muhammadasim
Topics: 9
Kudos: 480
Best Answers: 524

Re: Sim does not work on new iPhone 4..."The SIM card inserted in this iPhone ..."

u need to get yr iphone unlocked to use it on GG

Unlock your phone
http://giffgaff.com/unlock

Give KUDOS or 'Accept as Solution' If I have helped
Get a free giffgaff Sim
usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,727
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 602

Re: Sim does not work on new iPhone 4..."The SIM card inserted in this iPhone ..."

You either cut the sim wrong or your phone does not take the sim where did you get the iphone 4 from?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
enigma
macca28

please see here:http://giffgaff.com/unlock

Get a free giffgaff Sim
piratehooker82
Topics: 38
Kudos: 329
Best Answers: 69

If you bought it from an apple store it will be unlocked to all networks, you may need to activate it with an O2 sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
alecb
Kudos: 683
Best Answers: 313

Can you try an O2 Ireland SIM in the phone? A phone direct from Apple should be SIM free

Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
londino

correction, the broken iPhone was locked to Vodafone Ireland, not O2,
nerakb

It sounds like your replacement iphone is locked.You can take it to your local phone unlocking shop or maybe get an unlocking code from ebay.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

suheluddin2
Topics: 64
Kudos: 932
Best Answers: 456

first you need to sync your phone with itunes whiles using o2 simcard then it will work same happened to me 1 yr ago

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'best answer’, then we know you're sorted
Topics: 30
Kudos: 300
Best Answers: 137

your phone may need unlocking see http://giffgaff.com/unlock
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Kudos Me if above helped also don't forget to accept a solution if your query has been answered :smileyhappy: x