Help & Support

newcomer
ange90
Best Answer

Sim has been activated but my phone still says no sim card and has no signal

I have activated my sim card online and paid for my goodie bag. I inserted the sim into my phone and on 'my giffgaff' it shows me my goodie bag and number etc. but my phone says 'insert sim card' but there is one in there and it has no signal?? HELP!!

usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,727
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 602

Re: Sim has been activated but my phone still says no sim card and has no signal

Your sim can take 24 hours to succesfuly activate

make sure your phon eis on o2 or unlocked
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kahhoeloi

Re: Sim has been activated but my phone still says no sim card and has no signal

I can take a few hours to be fully activated... Just give it a little more time
Get a free giffgaff Sim
mickf

The phone needs to be unlocked or on O2

littlechris1989
Kudos: 245
Best Answers: 114

sorry to hear your having to wait for your sim to activate, sometimes it can happen within a couple of hours
but occasionally it can take up to 24 hours to fully activate.In rare cases it could take longer due to it being the weekend or systems problems and busy periods.

Please try to be patient, it is well worth the wait when it does complete the activation process...:smileyhappy:

There may also be a barr on a replacment sim for security purposes which agents will have to remove

Please be aware that agents can take up to 24 hours to get back to you so please try to be patient.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
flaxvert
Kudos: 3,505
Best Answers: 990

Need to give it upto 24 hours to fully activate mate

new copy 2.jpg
new copy l2 copy.jpg
follybridgeinn
Kudos: 141
Best Answers: 132

[ Edited ]

Please confirm you phone is either unlocked or was previously locked to O2 as Giffgaff only works on unlocked or O2 phones.

Also try taking the sim out giving it a gentle wipe and reinsert to see if this sorts it,

If it is an Iphone then you may have to connect it to itunes to finalise the process.

If still no luck then it may be a faulty sim and i would advise contacting an agent http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent - Ask an agent

:smileyhappy:

Please give Kudos if my information was helpful & Please click Accept As Solution if I solved your problem !
Get a free giffgaff Sim

follybridgeinn
Kudos: 141
Best Answers: 132

Please confirm you phone is either unlocked or was previously locked to O2 as Giffgaff only works on unlocked or O2 phones.

Also try taking the sim out giving it a gentle wipe and reinsert to see if this sorts it,

If it is an Iphone then you may have to connect it to itunes to finalise the process.

If still no luck then it may be a faulty sim and i would advise contacting an agent http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent - Ask an agent

:smileyhappy:

Please give Kudos if my information was helpful & Please click Accept As Solution if I solved your problem !
Get a free giffgaff Sim

nate37
Topics: 81
Kudos: 1,955
Best Answers: 1,144

Regardless of being activated or not, a giffgaff sim should still show the network name and signal strength before activation.

So this really sounds like the card is not making proper contact in the sim slot of the phone.

Try taking it out and then re-inserting it, making sure it is fully inserted.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
dabbler
ryan_morgan

check you phone is unlocked to any network and then if this doenst work it sometimes take 24 hours to activate sim.. hope this helps.