Help & Support

beginner
martian99
Best Answer

Start and end date for goodybag question.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Every time I've topped up before I've gotten the topup from the date I topped up eg: 25th Nov until the exact same date only a month later, eg: 25th Dec. Now I've gone to top up today and it tells me my goodybag will start from 30th Jan and last until 27th Feb.

When I was due to top up on 25th Dec, I don't think I did until the 26th/27th. Ok so I can see why I wasn't due to top up until 27th Jan (received topup reminder email on 26th Jan).

But why now when I go to topup (on 30th Jan) it's not telling me the end of Feb, 28th or more, it's telling me 27th Feb, Why?

Just also to note, I have received an incoming call  and a couple of texts since 27th Jan, so is this why it's only topping my phone up until 27th Feb? When I used to be with O2 I wouldn't top up for a month or more but still be able to receive incoming calls and texts. I just don't always top up immediately because there are times when I know I won't need to text or call anyone for a few days, so what's the point. I thought giffgaff was all about saving money and still getting a great service.

If it's the case that I am being backdated because I have received incoming calls and texts, then this needs to be more clearly stated, in big letters not small ones!

Until I receive a clear and reasonable explanation for the shortness of the top up period, I will not top up my phone.

Thanks.

rookie
aceof

Re: Start and end date for goodybag question.

Each goody bag last a month
February is only 28 days
And you started from 30. Jan
So that gives the answer
rookie
aceof

You can receive calls ...
Even if you don't have credit or goody. Bag
essie112mm

Hi,

I can't see that you would be penalised for receiving a call and a couple of texts between goodybags. 

As goodybags run for a month and February is only a 28 day month I can only assume that accounts for the shorter period of time for your goodybag. Sometimes when a month is longer you get more days for your money eg when it's 30 days.  

sloz

[ Edited ]
Giffgaff have changed the expiry date this year to reduce the system overload
The last day of the month is the busiest anyway for expiring goodybags
And last year, all goodybags bought on the 29th, 30th and 31st January expired on the 28th February

See here
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Resolved-Delays-in-Expiring-Goodybags-28th-Feb-2013...

And they had a lot of delays because of a system overload ,
So they've decided to change the expiry date this year so bags bought on the 28 th, 29 th and 30 th January expire on the 27 th February
( bags bought in the 31st expire on the 28th February)
adept
hosaamdar

You can recieve calls weather you gotminternet or not, also you will need to contact an shent about the topup shortned im guessing its a glitch in the system
anaglypta
Topics: 13
Kudos: 555
Best Answers: 249

@sloz 

The hyperlink appears to be broken. :smileysad:

Please give Kudos to any posts you think were helpful or made a good point

If a post has answered your question please click on "Set as Best Answer"

neildownx
Kudos: 494
Best Answers: 42

[ Edited ]

sloz wrote:

Giffgaff have changed the expiry date this year to reduce the system overload
The last day of the month is the busiest anyway for expiring goodybags
And last year, all goodybags bought on the 29th, 30th and 31st January expired on the 28th February

See here
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Resolved-Delays-in-Expiring-Goodybags-28th-Feb-2013...

And they had a lot of delays because of a system overload ,
So they've decided to change the expiry date this year so bags bought on the 28 th, 29 th and 30 th January expire on the 27 th February
( bags bought in the 31st expire on the 28th February)

System overload!!!!!!!!!! that makes no sense moving the expire dates as ALL goodybags will still renew on the same day and cause overload.....

Goodybags last per calender month and regardless of how long or short each month is you still get the same

service and allowances as per goodybag - normaly 30 days of service

The way I look at it if you were in full time employment and paid monthly - you would hate to think that due to february being shorter you would get less money but you don't ...

I prefer to cause less confusion and buy a goodybag either on or around the 1st, 2nd or 3rd every month

Mine seems to renew same time each month giving me about 30 days of service...!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
chaperon
ladyice

shud b 4 full month no mater feb 28 days???

sloz

Thanks anaglypta I've fixed the link