Help & Support

newcomer
scedwar

Tethering on Unlimited Data Plans

It seems like the only goodybag where tethering is allowed is the £10/month with 1GB data.

I can understand the reasons for disabling tethering on unlimited data plans, but would it not be possible to introduce a goody bag with capped data but with more minutes. For example I would be happy with the £20/month goodybag if the data plan was capped at, say 2GB, but tethering was allowed. Even 1GB would probably suffice (although I have once exceeded this amount in a month). I don't use tethering very often, but it can be a lifesaver to get out of a no coverage situation with the laptop sometimes.

Would giff gaff consider introducing data caps to the goody bags to then allow tethering? 

rhort
Kudos: 1,560
Best Answers: 1,911

Re: Tethering on Unlimited Data Plans

flaxvert
Kudos: 4,038
Best Answers: 1,131

What a lot of us do is run a £12 goodubag for normal internet and a gigabag for tethering. http://giffgaff.com/goodybags#data

new copy 2.jpg
new copy l2 copy.jpg
mary_r_t

I don't think giffgaff want to make any more changes just now. There are often Ideas for new goodybag and the answer is always that giffgaff don't want to overcomplicate things - especially if the use of the plan wasn't going to be very high.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you are visiting the UK and want a sim sent to an international address, click here
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
paulypaul
Topics: 133
Kudos: 171
Best Answers: 19

you can use gigabag for tethering
also good idea
Remember to mark the correct answer as SOLUTION
chaperon
ibyyy_p

No!! That is not fair on others who dont tether yet use alot of data...for people who want to tether, the gigabags are available
novice
steeeb

This has been much discussed before the "Tablet" plans (which allow tethering) were introduced. All non-tablet plans aren't allowed to tether (Even the £10 goodybag).

I think GiffGaff have to pay for data used - so allowing unlimited data with tethering would in a lot of cases end up costing them money - which isn't good business sense.

I can't see this changing any time soon. When I need to tether, or use a dongle if my internet goes down I simply buy one of the Tablet goodybags on my 2nd SIM. There plan works out better than most of "dongle" or "tablet" plans. I don't think any offer unlimited? If they do they have strict usage plans in any case.

Get your FREE giffgaff SIM card, get FREE £5 credit when you top up with £10 - here.

Please give Kudos to posts which you find helpful, click the star icon under the username of the post which was helpful.
pathfinder
markb1j

I just tie the front 2 legs together when tethering :smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
mememememememememe
Topics: 46
Kudos: 190
Best Answers: 18

I also think a range of data options on the goodybags is a good idea. 2 or 3gig a month for me to use as I whish would be ideal for me.
cicerone
aminulhussain

Post this idea in the innovation section in the community. Although it is a great idea
Get a free giffgaff Sim