Help & Support

beginner
codobaggins
Best Answer

Texts

Hi all,

Has anyone had problems with some of their texts not getting through to one or two people you text regularily (not many but once in a while)? Obviously it could be down to a lot of things but just wanted to know whether anyone else had a problem before blaming other things :smileyvery-happy:

Also, I have an iPhone 3GS, does anyone know a way of checking that a message has been sent and/ or received by the other party?
alweb
Topics: 36
Kudos: 1,102
Best Answers: 455

Re: Texts

you could try putting *0# in front of your txt that will let you know when they get it

Get a free giffgaff Sim
martinwallis
Kudos: 1,196
Best Answers: 163

Not had any problems myself.

You can prefix each message with *0# to get a delivery report.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

steward
david901

no never have had problems tried restarting your phone and on again never  had text problems in my iphone ether   on GG or wildfire n so on

If you like my posts or If I help you kudos me please
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
expert
samsams88

I have the same phone and have had a few issues - if it hasn't successfully sent you'll get the red exclamation Mark next to the text - if there isn't one it's sent but the only way to check if they received it is to call em :smileywink: lol :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
Kudos: 5,224
Best Answers: 583

Been several posts recently about delayed texts. Consensus seems to be that this is a network issue and that they all come through at once later on.

For delivery reports you need to type *0# before each message (or set up a text template with this at the start) - does not appear at recipient end.

expert
samsams88

*completely forgot about delivery reports...oops =|
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
beginner
codobaggins

So you prefix your actual text with *o# or the number (like when your withholding your number)?
beginner
codobaggins

Oh cool, in the time it took me to post the question, it had been answered :smileyhappy: thanks a lot :smileyhappy:
guide
kiwatche

Iv not noticed any problems with delays or not delivered texts. But seen on here some people do