Help & Support

newcomer
modasser
Best Answer

Top up methods

Can you only top up online or use general methods as other networks???

as be abit difficult for those whom may be intrested in the sim but no regular access to a pc.

newcomer
thebeest

Re: Top up methods

The only way to top-up is to do so online.

Its little things like this that keep the tariffs so cheap as giffgaff doesn't have to pay for top-up cards or call centers.

aspirant
daveysludge

Top-up vouchers are on their way apparently according to Vincent :smileyvery-happy:

micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
tutor
jimandrews

[ Edited ]

It's a good point but one which, I believe, will not crop up too frequently. Most people who have signed up to giffgaff are pretty switched on and have regular access to the web. If you ask me, I'd rather have this restriction and a low price than any other arrangement and higher costs.

I hope you're all enjoying the giffgaff experience as much as me......especially the pop-up after a call which tells you when your call/text was FREE!!

If you're considering Giff Gaff, take my advice.....go for it....you'll be very glad you took the plunge!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

supporter
jonmd

Surely the whole point of the giffgaff network is that it is designed for online use. Free internet initially, online forums, online topup, online contact an agent ... The list goes on! You might therefore struggle with the network if you've not got online access!

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos
aspirant
daveysludge

"Surely the whole point of the giffgaff network is that it is designed for online use. Free internet initially, online forums, online topup, online contact an agent ... The list goes on!"

Not everybody likes 'internet only' arrangements, what happens if GG's server goes down and customers can't top-up via this site?

GG loses a huge amount of custom thats what!

GG needs the top-up voucher service as a back-up...

instructor
trick202

Hmmm

On one hand, I'd have to say that if the internet's not your thing, and you don't want to top-up online - the GG is fundamentally not the right choice for you.

On the other hand: This network WILL appeal to youngsters, and they don't all have access to debit cards. Maybe another method would be useful.

------------------------------------------------------
Rich
@trick202
http://gplus.to/trick202
supporter
jonmd

"Not everybody likes 'internet only' arrangements, what happens if GG's server goes down and customers can't top-up via this site?"

There are other providers with higher tariffs. Based on the current arrangements, I hope they have a backup server.

"GG loses a huge amount of custom thats what!"

That is true for any interruption to service be it top-ups, O2 network, support, etc.

"GG needs the top-up voucher service as a back-up..."

If that is the case then perhaps they should charge for the service, They could likewise charge for phone support, if required. 

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos
aspirant
daveysludge

The voucher system is used by other low-cost networks (asda, tesco, lyca, lebara) so why not GG?

Why restrict GG's custom base to internet only?!

GG is a 'PAYG only' network, why not adopt the favoured payment method of PAYG customers?

I joined GG to get away from all that kind of selective snobbery!

tutor
jimandrews

I don't know for sure but I'd expect there to be a huge cost associated with a top-up voucher system. The operators who use that type of system will have costed it in to their business model.  The question is, do we want additional costs to add to the call/text/data arrangements that attracted us in the first place?

If you're considering Giff Gaff, take my advice.....go for it....you'll be very glad you took the plunge!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim