Help & Support

beginner
purpse
Best Answer

Transfer number from Orange to giffgaff

Hello

I requested a number transfer from orange to giffgaff on Friday with a PAC code. I presumed it would happen today, but orange is still connected. Is there still time today or do I need to try again? (7.00pm)

Thanks

darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,269
Best Answers: 3,973

Re: Transfer number from Orange to giffgaff

Check the Messages from Agents link under the Help menu or My Giffgaff pages for any updates to your request. It should include the date the port should happen on

http://bit.ly/giffgaffreplies

yaakov1
Topics: 219
Kudos: 1,616
Best Answers: 348
Mobile Phone: iPad 3 on a gigabag

1st read the agents response to see what day itll happen

On the day of transfer (port-in)..
.You will experience a loss of service at some stage between the hours of approximately 9am and 6pm. As the process is dependent on your old Service Provider releasing your number, we cannot offer assurances about the length of time you will be without service.

.Watch out for an error message on your screen - when you lose service, you will see an error message similar to 'SIM card registration failed.' At this point, put your new SIM into your mobile..

.Keep switching your mobile on and off. During the afternoon, switch the mobile off/on several times - the act of switching the mobile on causes a network search to start - until the transfer is completed this search will fail. When the number transfer is complete we will send you an email notification via My giffgaff, you will see giffgaff on the screen after switching your mobile on..
chaperon
imzdaking

Please be patient, if not today then should be transferred by tomorrow
Get a free giffgaff Sim
supporter
teajayy

Were you given a date when the transfer would go ahead?

consultant
ed33

It'll be tomorrow. This happened to me about 1 1/2 months ago where I selected monday but it was actually Tuesday. Sorry if there was any inconvenience. Don't try again it'll just be tomorrow.
Media MonstrosityMedia MonstrosityOrder a SIM from MeIf Somebody HelpedAbout MeSilicox Valley
cicerone
nanjayman

yeah be patient it will go thru

Get a free giffgaff Sim
beginner
purpse

Thanks everyone. Now sorted

lmd
scholar
lmd

Glad you got it sorted.

Click Here for a precut Iphone 4 microSIM with £5 free credit, leave name and full address.
adept
saiqab

glad to see you have it sorted :smileyhappy: