Help & Support

newcomer
felwun

Transfer of my Lebara number

Hi guys!

I decided to change my provider and came from Lebara to giffgaff. I wanted to transfer my number from Lebara to giffgaff ... and set the date to today (pac was no problem at all) ... since i need to be reachable on this number from mon - fri! As you guys probably know ... they only transfer numbers during the weekdays (if i knew that in the first place, it would have been a reason for me not to change at all)! Can someone help me by telling me about your experiences? Do you wake up with your new number? Do you miss services for a longer periode? thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Felix

expert
samsams88

Re: Transfer of my Lebara number

personally i woke up with my number changed at around 9AM but i know others suffer from all day outages and sometimes longer! however, judging by the relatively few questions like that on the forum i would presume its a minority. Your number should transfer either monday or tuesday :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
Posted from Facebook
msteer
Topics: 51
Ideas: 4

I've never had my number transferred, However many people come on the forums moaning about why something may not be working, for example their texts. The process can take 24 hours, in that time mobile services may not work and functionality of will come back gradually.
soldiers33
Kudos: 422
Best Answers: 121

well since you requested it today it wont happen until monday or tuesday since ports dont happen on weekends.

Also when I transferred my number it was a very smooth and fast experience. I couldnt use my phone for about 3 hours although others say it takes whole day.

There have been problems recently with some people where the port doesnt go through properly but if this happens just contact an agent.
associate
rrose

its best to make some arangement to use a alternative number , most cases both sims are down for a few hours , at this stage your old sim is now dead , ports happen in stages and return same way , mine was down for 4 hours max 

Get a free Giffgaff SimIf you're looking for a Micro-SIM, click here
greenman
Topics: 124
Kudos: 682
Best Answers: 269

I guess you found this giffgaff guide; http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/kw/transfer%20your%20number/r_id/166
My number was ported from Tesco. All went fine and agents kept me informed. Check your inbox.
dabbler
faz1284

Do not worry your number will not take long to transfer over it should be done at 9am at the earliest
jamie567
Topics: 25
Kudos: 342
Best Answers: 267

it can take its time so just be patiente. if it takes any longer than 24 hours then contact a agent for more help

Get a free giffgaff Sim
dabbler
sabrinaxd

well since you requested for it today, i guess it wont happen until monday or tuesday since ports dont happen on weekends.

Get £5 Free, When You Order This SIM! :smileyvery-happy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

aspirant
kulsum

itl probly be dun on mon tue next week, just check yur inbox for updates n ul b fyn
For a free Normal SIM/MicroSIM/NanoSIM click below:
Get a free giffgaff Sim