Help & Support

newcomer
deebme1954

Transferring my Lyca number to Giff Gaff, knew there would be trouble..............

Hi, I knew it wouldn't go smoothly as I honestly do not understand it, hopefully someone will explain what I can do now, anyway this is the state of affairs:

I have 2 phones - I of them is on the orange network and it is contract. Don't want to change that one.

The other phone was PAYG on Lyca and it was this phone number I wanted to transfer to GiffGaff.

So, I phoned Lyca, got the PAC code and rang Orange to put on their network so I can then transfer the number to Giff Gaff (It can't be done directly - more is the pity)

So today I find out that the have changed my contract phone number to my Lyca PAYG number, the one I want to transfer to GiffGaff??? They say if I want the PAC code then I have to terminate my contract with a larger fee involved!!

So, where did I go wrong? I didn't want to touch my contract and that number (the number isn't available now)

Orange are phoning me back, but I really do not understand this

From frustrated and none the wiser, and definitely not mobile savvy!

Dee

bonusball

Re: Transferring my Lyca number to Giff Gaff, knew there would be trouble..............

You should of use the pac code for giffgaff not orange.

Porting your number
http://giffgaff.com/support/transfer

bengalknights
Topics: 22
Kudos: 2,560
Best Answers: 1,664

Re: Transferring my Lyca number to Giff Gaff, knew there would be trouble..............

Did you request specifically for it to be put on a payg sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bertiebat

[ Edited ]

I sorry but when you transfer numbers it replaces any existing one permanently.  So when you transferred from Lyca to Orange then your old Orange number has now been lost.

If you transfer this number now to giffgaff then your Orange phone would be left with no number. :smileysad:

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
alweb
Topics: 36
Kudos: 1,101
Best Answers: 454

you should have just ported your other number staight to giffgaff got a pac code from lyca and given it to giffgaff

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Keeping-Your-Old-Number-PAC/td-p/7231

Get a free giffgaff Sim
jokeyboi77

what to do is activate an orange payg sim and transfer the lyca number to that sim then get a pac from orange for the payg sim then transfer the number to giffgaff i hope this helps
jonnylad123
Topics: 19
Kudos: 82
Ideas: 6
Best Answers: 17

Did you ever get in contact with GG for the port in?

Tell orange to reverse the process as you never instructed the port to them?

Maybe you should use your lyca PAC with GG and follow this-

you can select your port in date for anytime, give it 48 hours from now even, and on that day this is what happens-

1. You loose service on your old number (approx 9am-12pm).

2.you will loose service on your new GG number

3.Both numbers inactive for a few hours

4.By 2-3pm your GG sim should be active showing your old number.

5. Could be up until 9pm for all services to be ok and fully functioning. GG main page aswell.

It really is quite simple and painless.

Good luck!

--------------IF I HELPED YOU-KUDOS ME! THANKS!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

morvin

You should have asked the PAC Code for the PAYG number not the contract phone.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
morvin

Alweb, that can't be done. Lyca offers transfers to orange only
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
beginner
robertjohn

You can use lyca Number to Giffgaff Not to orange as your orange contract going on

Get a free giffgaff Sim