Help & Support

newcomer
buchow

Unlimited data plans: what are the limit???

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone.

It seems GiffGaff are using the word "Unlimited" to describe levels or service that indeed do have limits on them. This is unarguable as many people have actually been banned or threatened with being banned for reaching these limits.

Some people think this is wrong, a misuse of the word unlimited, whilst others think this is fair and are happy to stick within the limits.

So I want a clear definition of what the limits are.

No arguments about what the word "Unlimited" means (i'm using the english definition).

No unfounded accusations of tethering or "inappropriate use".

From reading other threads I think the limit is around 1GB a day. Anymore and you get accused of tethering and possible banned (with or without proof). But I am not sure as GiffGaff don't seem to want to admit to these limits, which is why I'm asking for some clarification.

roypaleface
Topics: 69
Kudos: 448
Best Answers: 25
Mobile Phone: NOKIA C2-03 DUAL SIM

Re: Unlimited data plans: what are the limit???

giffgaff's meaning of unlimited is as far as I know - It's really unlimited, until you use the data in such a way as to affect other users, - no declared limits, I personally don't like that particular description, because we can't tell if  we are breaking the t & c's.

giffgaff make the decision but we don't know the formula (how they work it out)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
anees_mahmood
Topics: 4
Kudos: 1,016
Best Answers: 866

Giffgaff unlimited internet/data is truely unlimited, so long as you do not breach the terms and conditions and by tethering on a goodybag or streaming data for continuous long hours.
Please Kudos Me if the above Helped :smileyhappy: Order your FREE Sims from Below :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
buchow

roypaleface wrote:

giffgaff's meaning of unlimited is as far as I know - It's really unlimited, until you use the data in such a way as to affect other users, - no declared limits, I personally don't like that particular description, because we can't tell if  we are breaking the t & c's.

Every time you transfer any data over a 3G network it is affecting other users.

poto_uk
Topics: 2
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 0

To be fair unlimited is a miss use of the word but if you look at what you pay for a £10 goodie bag and receive 250 Mins of any network calls and unlimited text that's more then what you get with most other networks and then the Internet most company's charge you a minimum of £5 per month for 500mb and your more or less getting that data allowance daily for free. The only way you should need that much data is if you watch tv on your phone i think giffgaff are supplying a great offer for the price
newcomer
buchow

anees_mahmood wrote:
Giffgaff unlimited internet/data is truely unlimited, so long as you do not breach the terms and conditions and by tethering on a goodybag or streaming data for continuous long hours.

"streaming data for continuous long hours." - So this would be a limit then.

Could I have a definition of this limit? 

How much data, and over how many hours?

styly
Topics: 624
Kudos: 3,668
Ideas: 15
Best Answers: 791

Rumour is its around just under 1gb per hour mate..

Seein as every other network only offers 500mb per MONTH, i think a gig an HOUR is crackin :smileywink:
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
buchow

[ Edited ]

poto_uk wrote:
To be fair unlimited is a miss use of the word but if you look at what you pay for a £10 goodie bag and receive 250 Mins of any network calls and unlimited text that's more then what you get with most other networks and then the Internet most company's charge you a minimum of £5 per month for 500mb and your more or less getting that data allowance daily for free. The only way you should need that much data is if you watch tv on your phone i think giffgaff are supplying a great offer for the price

This is off topic and is the sort of discussion I want to avoid. If you are happy with your service then great, but please just keep to the subject of determining what these limits are.

I will however say that yes I do agree for the price this is a great service, my only problem is the fact the sell it under the premise of "Unlimited Data", which I consider to be a misuse of the word. If they called it limited data (1GB a day or whatever) then I would still pay for the service.

scholar
cugirl

It is limited to how much you use. If you use too much, then they will ban you, because in the T&C it state that if you disrupt other users than they can ban you. So the unlimited data plan is limited to that. Which my friend had tried to ask the Giffgaff HQ, they refused to give him the boundary of how much is too much. Another word, they can ban you if they feel like it, as it is up to them and how they feel on the day if they want to ban you.
roypaleface
Topics: 69
Kudos: 448
Best Answers: 25
Mobile Phone: NOKIA C2-03 DUAL SIM

buchow wrote:

roypaleface wrote:

Every time you transfer any data over a 3G network it is affecting other users.

Yes that's right, just to put the record straight, - I omitted a word, should have been " in such a way as to adversely affect other users" - sorry about that.

Get a free giffgaff Sim