Help & Support

newcomer
linnetw
Best Answer

What does "I could get stream video for 6 hours in 3GB gigabag"mean?

If I buy a 3GB gigabag, and I don't use it to do anything else except watching videos on internet, could I get a longer time that 6 hours?

mickf

Re: What does "I could get stream video for 6 hours in 3GB gigabag"mean?

You would get what you pay for, 3gb. 

newcomer
fivanov

Yup, exactly 3GB, spend it however you see fit.

mary_r_t

It means that if you were an 'average' streamer it would last approximately 6 hours before all your data was used up. That's only if you were streaming though and doesn't take into account anything else you would be using data for. It would also vary considerably depending on the quality of the video you were trying to watch.

If you were watching lower quality video then you could make the data last longer but generally you can't choose what quality of stream 'the Internet' feeds you accurately enough to extend it considerably more. In fact I'd say 6 hours is a bit generous with some of the higher quality streams around.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you are visiting the UK and want a sim sent to an international address, click here
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
dazoo
Topics: 14
Kudos: 609

linnetw wrote:

If I buy a 3GB gigabag, and I don't use it to do anything else except watching videos on internet, could I get a longer time that 6 hours?

means that will be how many hours will get with 3GB of data around on video streaming if only do that if using for other things on internet aswell then that 6 hours will go down for video then be all out of allowance on that gigabag then would need credit to continue if before expire of bag at 2p a mb

Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
linnetw

Thank you. But I think 6 hours is too short a time to watch video for a month.

sloz

Hi I presume you want to watch on a device other than a mobile one? ( pc, Laptop iPad , Xbox ect)
The amount of data used will vary depending on the site or app you're streaming from

For instance on my iPhone , on youtube , Iplayer and tvcatchup the rate used is around 4 mb per minute , 240 mb per hour
So 3gb will give you about 12 hours

But watching sky in a fast 3g speed could use as much as 12 to 13 mb per minute 720 to 780mb per hour
So 3gb would give you just over 4 hours