Help & Support

beginner
james23589
Best Answer

What if i want to leave giffgaff... PAC code

Iv just joined giffgaff and have no intention of leaving... but if i get a new iphone contract in the future i would want to take my number with me... how would i go about requesting a PAC code from GG?

Thanks in advance, sorry if i seem pessimistic!

student
bengal_prince

Re: What if i want to leave giffgaff... PAC code

[ Edited ]
Its easy all you have to do is go to the help section and send a message to an agent saying 'PAC code please' or call 43431, gg dont hassle you like other networks and usually pretty fast too, I got mine within seconds, some networks take days even weeks! btw I'll warn you its hard to leave gg I've ordered my pac numerous times and not used it, left gg twice and come back!
I love Indian call centres (not)
counsellor
wilky

all you would do is email an agent or click on the as an agent link.. just like you would for any other account related query...
novice
diesel_y2j

Contact an agent and ask them for your code. Simple as that.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
contributor
dylz312

[ Edited ]

Hope you don't leave :smileysad: 

Here's how to go about requesting a PAC (Port Authorisation Code) Code.

1. Ask an Agent for your PAC code (they will reply to most cases within 24 hours)

http://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request

2. Give said PAC code to your new network, tell them you want to keep your old number.

3. Wait a few days and Voila! all set to go!

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyhappy: 

newcomer
phoebe96

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me... I ordered a PAC code thinking it was something else, but I definitely don't want to leave giff gaff! Just today I topped up £10 hoping to get the £10 goody bag, but it didn't seem to come through, so I requested a PAC code thinking it would help (not really sure why). Does the fact that I got a PAC code mean I have to leave giff gaff?
marvel
andy0

phoebe96 wrote:
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me... I ordered a PAC code thinking it was something else, but I definitely don't want to leave giff gaff! Just today I topped up £10 hoping to get the £10 goody bag, but it didn't seem to come through, so I requested a PAC code thinking it would help (not really sure why). Does the fact that I got a PAC code mean I have to leave giff gaff?

No, don't worry.

Using the PAC is a two stage process, and unless you give the code to another provider, nothing will happen and the PAC will expire unused

bluemoonbaz

[ Edited ]

just ignore it and it wont change anything .. it expires after 30 days so no panic ,, glad your staying with giffgaff

Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

newcomer
karupaiah

PAC code plz
darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,230
Best Answers: 3,967

karupaiah wrote:
PAC code plz

If you want to obtain a PAC to leave giffgaff , either ring 43431 or just click  http://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request 

and you should receive your code via SMS within 2 working hours (Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm) , the PAC will also be shown on your My Giffgaff page under your phone number

** Please note that the old number for obtaining a PAC ceased to be available on 2/10/12 **