Help & Support

newcomer
oceanspeed
Best Answer

What network does GiffGaff use?

Before I go shelling out ten squids on a sim, can anyone tell me what network this is being used on?  Im assuming that its o2?

marvel
andy0

Re: What network does GiffGaff use?

It is on O2

adept
sbarrow

Hi oceanspeed,

and welcome to the good ship giffgaff. Just to answer your question there, giffgaff use the o2 network so I hope that helps put your mind at rest.

Cheers,

S. Barrow
giffgaff Advisor
Remember if you've asked a question to mark the best answer as 'Accepted Solution' which lets everyone know you're sorted - plus gives extra points to the person who helped you
newcomer
oceanspeed

Thanks for the help and dang and blast it.  I have to live in an area where the reception is predominatly orange based.  Cant even get an 02 signal at home.

Wont stop me spreading the word however :smileyvery-happy:

newcomer
sb300869

Shame it is on o2. I am looking for the best 3g coverage for good mobile internet experience. O2 has one the worse 3g coverage out of all the network here in the UK as confirm by ofcom.

Although that O2 has one of the best 2g/GSM network but that is no good for mobile internet. 

Hope things will improve with the 3g coverage.

associate
henryhenryhenryhenry

[ Edited ]

Yes, they use o2 :-)

Not good to hear about the level of signal in your area, hopefully when o2 look to improve their 3g network you'll benefit from that.

head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

@henryhenryhenryhenry

This question is over a year old, when giffgaff had just started.
newcomer
reaper007

does this mean i can use my giffgaff sim on any phone thats locked to o2? just curious, the main thing i wanna ask is that im hoping that this phone that im gonna post the link to below will work on it as i plan on purchasing it very soon, any ideas?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/a8-2-6-touch-screen-android-2-2-dual-sim-dual-network-standby-quandband...

enigma
jamesdn

reaper007 wrote:

does this mean i can use my giffgaff sim on any phone thats locked to o2? just curious, the main thing i wanna ask is that im hoping that this phone that im gonna post the link to below will work on it as i plan on purchasing it very soon, any ideas?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/a8-2-6-touch-screen-android-2-2-dual-sim-dual-network-standby-quandband...

Yes, any phone that is locked to o2 will work on giffgaff no problem.

newcomer
chelly97

Re: Can you put it in any phone ?

Hello , Can You put it in any phone such as if it is locked to a network ?