Help & Support

beginner
rosemaryguppy
Best Answer

Whatsapp number

If I have messages off an unsaved number in my whatsapp and change my number to my new one, will they get my new number? Like is a whatsapp account like Independant but uses numbers as usernames so would I still receive their messages but when I reply it give them my new number? X
usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,737
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 607

Re: Whatsapp number

I think ur new number should be used
Get a free giffgaff Sim
as7861
Kudos: 3,648
Best Answers: 896

rosemaryguppy wrote:
If I have messages off an unsaved number in my whatsapp and change my number to my new one, will they get my new number? Like is a whatsapp account like Independant but uses numbers as usernames so would I still receive their messages but when I reply it give them my new number? X

No mate, they will get your old number - 

I changed my phone number, how can I update WhatsApp?

Step 1: update your WhatsApp status with new phone number. Step 2: delete WhatsApp and re-install and register with your new phone number

kungfusi
Topics: 8
Kudos: 152
Best Answers: 39

Your new number will be used and shown to others as far as I'm aware.
lmills
Topics: 26
Kudos: 1,348
Best Answers: 1,166

enzo2704
Topics: 45
Kudos: 246
Best Answers: 139

numbers are used as user names so when you change your number its likely to affect whatsapp, just send a broadcast message to all your friends telling them that you got a new number, or use giffgaffs unlimited texts to text them all haha just to be on the safe side
Get a free giffgaff Sim
coach
alyamani

Go to settings in the WhatsApp

then chat settings

then My phone

change the number a million time if you want

I hope that helped

beginner
rosemaryguppy

The problem is the unsaved number is the reason I changed it so I really don't want them to have the new number but due to current circumstances I can block them in whatsapp at this current moment, is it best to leave whatsapp as my old number as i dot want them calling my new number? X
coach
alyamani

rosemaryguppy wrote:
The problem is the unsaved number is the reason I changed it so I really don't want them to have the new number but due to current circumstances I can block them in whatsapp at this current moment, is it best to leave whatsapp as my old number as i dot want them calling my new number? X

they can still reach you, don't worry

beginner
rosemaryguppy

They can? If that's the case, this is what I'm worried about. I really don't want them to have my new number. X