beginner
Best Answer

Whatsapp number

If I have messages off an unsaved number in my whatsapp and change my number to my new one, will they get my new number? Like is a whatsapp account like Independant but uses numbers as usernames so would I still receive their messages but when I reply it give them my new number? X
Best Answer
Chosen by topic author rosemaryguppy
Kudos: 3,893
Best Answers: 933

Re: Whatsapp number

rosemaryguppy wrote:
I'm totally confused now, will it only give them my new number if I reply to them? (which clearly I won't be) or will it save me in their contacts. X

Hey mate, 

When you installed the app the number you put in will be the number that shows to them Smiley Happy 

So it should be the old number Smiley Wink

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

All Replies
Topics: 1,061
Kudos: 1,751
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 611

I think ur new number should be used
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Kudos: 3,893
Best Answers: 933

rosemaryguppy wrote:
If I have messages off an unsaved number in my whatsapp and change my number to my new one, will they get my new number? Like is a whatsapp account like Independant but uses numbers as usernames so would I still receive their messages but when I reply it give them my new number? X

No mate, they will get your old number - 

I changed my phone number, how can I update WhatsApp?

Step 1: update your WhatsApp status with new phone number. Step 2: delete WhatsApp and re-install and register with your new phone number

Topics: 8
Kudos: 152
Best Answers: 39

Your new number will be used and shown to others as far as I'm aware.
Topics: 26
Kudos: 1,355
Best Answers: 1,167

Topics: 45
Kudos: 249
Best Answers: 139

numbers are used as user names so when you change your number its likely to affect whatsapp, just send a broadcast message to all your friends telling them that you got a new number, or use giffgaffs unlimited texts to text them all haha just to be on the safe side
Get a free giffgaff Sim
coach

Go to settings in the WhatsApp

then chat settings

then My phone

change the number a million time if you want

I hope that helped

beginner

The problem is the unsaved number is the reason I changed it so I really don't want them to have the new number but due to current circumstances I can block them in whatsapp at this current moment, is it best to leave whatsapp as my old number as i dot want them calling my new number? X
coach

rosemaryguppy wrote:
The problem is the unsaved number is the reason I changed it so I really don't want them to have the new number but due to current circumstances I can block them in whatsapp at this current moment, is it best to leave whatsapp as my old number as i dot want them calling my new number? X

they can still reach you, don't worry

beginner

They can? If that's the case, this is what I'm worried about. I really don't want them to have my new number. X