Help & Support

newcomer
mc0nrad8

Will a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ from Google Play in USA work in UK on GiffGaff?

Hi there!

I'm a frequent flyer between California and the UK and am ready to purchase a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ from Google Play in California (which is only available in the U.S.), however I'd like confirmation on whether a GiffGaff SIM would work fine in the phone while in the UK.

I currently own a UK Galaxy S II and have been using a GiffGaff SIM with the £10 Goodybag every month since late last year, so if I bought the Nexus in California and used it in the UK with my current SIM, would there be any problems?

Here's the link to the phone on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Galaxy_Nexus_HSPA?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa&hl=en

Many thanks!

sam1128
Kudos: 3,179
Best Answers: 2,530

Re: Will a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ from Google Play in USA work in UK on GiffGaff?

Yes only 3 network use HSPA in the uk right now ... Other network supprt only HSDPA ...
Get a free giffgaff Sim

maestro
dave005

The mobile / smartphone etc needs to be locked on the o2 network or unlocked to any network for it to work on giffgaff as giffgaff runs on o2

Other than that you should be ok if its not locked etc
Want A Free Standard Sim Or A Microsim (click below)

sam1128

No there is no problem mate as its quad band phone and works everywhere in the world !

It would work with giffgaff as well !
Get a free giffgaff Sim

jtemplar

No problem whatsoever so long as you enter the correct settings - easiest way to do that would be via giffgaffAPN App from Google Play
You can't have a Community based MVNO without a community
sam1128

Read this :

Just a few hours before the kickof of its Google I/O developers conference yesterday, Google has dropped the price of its Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ smartphone down to US $349.

Previously priced at US $399 the Google Nexus HSPA+ will also feature Google's latest Andorid 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. Currently it is only available in the US of A and will be compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile as well as other GMS carriers around the Europe.
The good part of the story is that it will be one of the first smartphones to get Google's newest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.

Readers in the Land of the Free can order one here.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Galaxy_Nexus_HSPA?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa&hl=en

It says works in Europe as well !
Get a free giffgaff Sim