Help & Support

wtang
Topics: 48
Kudos: 32
Best Answers: 2

Xperia Play wont turn on?

Ive got the recent Xperia Play and ive had some problems, like lag, but i recently updated the software and it was working fine, i decieded to turn my phone off the bump charge. But it wont turn on. Ive looked about and saw that it may of bricked the phone. The others have got their phone working and ive tried doing what they have done. but it doesnt work.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/80923#80923 

heres the link of the problem others. any ideas?

If you found this post helpful then dont forget to click the Yellow Star Kudos button on the left! and also remember to click the "Accept Solution" button in the options menu on the right if it answered your question!
instructor
teddy77

Re: Xperia Play wont turn on?

well thats a shame :smileysad:

i dont think there is anything we/giffgaff/me can do :smileysad:

helper
icelightning

You can try some of the options that were mentioned in the link you posted again such as the PC repair functionality or unplugging the battery for 10 minutes then trying again but if these still do not work then you're going to have to call Sony''s customer services. As a giffgaff forum we can only really help people with problems relating to giffgaff, whereas this is Sony's update causing damage to your phone we or even the agents here will be unable to do anything at all.

Software problems and especially one Sony put out would be covered under the phone warranty and worst comes to worst you'll have to send your phone in for repair. But you're goign to need to give Sony's customer service's a call it sounds like if those method's aren't working. Nothing we can do unless someone else has the phone and can offer advice I'm afraid, and then it probably wouldn't be different to what's said on that messageboard already.

Best of luck!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
isabel1066
Topics: 245
Kudos: 1,304
Best Answers: 269

looks like a visit to your local phone shop.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
dabbler
matty6mitchell

go to your local phone shop. or if its in warranty, return it for a new one

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pioneer
olijp

wtang wrote:

Ive got the recent Xperia Play and ive had some problems, like lag, but i recently updated the software and it was working fine, i decieded to turn my phone off the bump charge. But it wont turn on. Ive looked about and saw that it may of bricked the phone. The others have got their phone working and ive tried doing what they have done. but it doesnt work.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/80923#80923 

heres the link of the problem others. any ideas?

in simple terms, i believe, your screwed. if it wont turn on you cant get into recovery mode, if you cant do that, you cant reflash a software

If i helped you today, feel free to give me kudos or even accepted solution :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
heavy hitter
georgetown_82

ensure your phone and phone the company that it is broken ... try to get an replacement

phil8715
Topics: 56
Kudos: 179
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 3
Best Answers: 9

icelightning wrote:
You can try some of the options that were mentioned in the link you posted again such as the PC repair functionality or unplugging the battery for 10 minutes then trying again but if these still do not work then you're going to have to call Sony''s customer services. As a giffgaff forum we can only really help people with problems relating to giffgaff, whereas this is Sony's update causing damage to your phone we or even the agents here will be unable to do anything at all.

Software problems and especially one Sony put out would be covered under the phone warranty and worst comes to worst you'll have to send your phone in for repair. But you're goign to need to give Sony's customer service's a call it sounds like if those method's aren't working. Nothing we can do unless someone else has the phone and can offer advice I'm afraid, and then it probably wouldn't be different to what's said on that messageboard already.

Best of luck!

Did you install a custom rom or the offfical update? If i was the custom rom, you will probably voided your warranty.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
allan1954
Topics: 281
Kudos: 1,642
Best Answers: 364

is it under warranty take it back to the shop let us know how you got on.
Get a free giffgaff Sim