Help & Support

newcomer
wyndstryke

You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on

Does anyone have any ideas? I sent a message to the Agents a few hours ago but nothing back yet. My last phone was lost, so the old SIM & IMEI number were barred. However, I now have a replacement phone from ebay & I have the reissued sim. I activated the new SIM yesterday. However I am unable to make calls with my new phone since it says 'calls barred'. The phone is a Dell Streak, as before (Android 2.2). It has credit & a goodybag. The exact message is : You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on. If I go into the call barring section in settings, I can't change the settings because it asks for a 3-character network password. Presumably this is because I asked for my old SIM / phone to be barred? I can't send messages / receive 3G data / etc either. I've set up the APNs according to the instructions.
pioneer
andy_uk

Re: You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on

You'll just have to wait for the agents to get back to you, as they'll need to remove the temporary bar that replacement sims have on them.
If someone has answered your question satisfactorily, please accept it as a solution :smileyhappy:
Don't forget to give kudos to those who you think deserve it, not because they're asking for it!

Before replying to a negative post, please have a read of this post by darrenpainter - it makes a lot of sense

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
gladiator33
Topics: 41
Kudos: 611
Best Answers: 248

check here for the replies from agents mate http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/account/questions/list

Click the image below for a free giffgaff sim plus £5 free credit :smileywink:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
andymcandy
Kudos: 571
Best Answers: 225

Just wait for the agent's reply. Most replacement sims come with a bar on so just wait and it should get removed soon :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
trainee
clwydian

Your account its still locked from when the previous sim was attached to it. you need an agents magic touch.
newcomer
katiecandice

academic
shedy

U need to tell agent that your replacement sim has arrived and that u need the bar removed. kudos if i was helpful pls.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

kudos if I helped and mark as solution answered if you are satisfied. thxs.
associate
manguexa

the agents has to remove the bars

Get a free Giffgaff Sim