Help & Support

newcomer
andreealupu
Best Answer

activate sim

hi,i top up my giffgaff sim with a voucher but my sim still isn't activated.what do i do pls?
markstar
Kudos: 406
Best Answers: 47

Re: activate sim

A new sim can take up to 24 hours to activate, but it will normally be a lot quicker.
enzo2704
Topics: 45
Kudos: 246
Best Answers: 139

Hi,

SIM Activations can take up to 24 hours. Although the average time for activations is around 30mins.

So for the time being It may be worthwhile waiting to see if it does become active. If it still is unactive after 24 hours you may need to contact an agent to help resolve this issue.

I hope this helps
Get a free giffgaff Sim
anees_mahmood
Topics: 2
Kudos: 986
Best Answers: 838

Hello, Welcome to Giffgaff :smileyhappy:

Sim Activation takes between 30 minutes and 24 hours to complete. Once you have received your new number, your sim is activated.
Please check your payment history to be certain that your voucher payment was complete. This is because sometimes vouchers take many attempts to be accepted. Keep entering the code Online and it will go through.

If it takes longer than 24 hours and your sim is still not activated, you must contact an agent about this from here:
https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

An agent will help you and reply to your message within 24 hours.
Please Kudos Me if the above Helped :smileyhappy: Order your FREE Sims from Below :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
figment_uk
Kudos: 4,204
Best Answers: 2,322

andreealupu wrote:
hi,i top up my giffgaff sim with a voucher but my sim still isn't activated.what do i do pls?

SIM activations take from a few seconds to 24 hours. The average is around 30 minutes.

Last night's network outage has affected all services, so SIM activations may take longer than normal.

Please try restarting your phone and refreshing your my giffgaff page (Press F5). When your new number and credit/goodybag appear on your dashboard your SIM is ready to go.

endorphin
Kudos: 7,914
Best Answers: 5,913

What you have seen is normal - it will sort itself out when done.

SIM Activation or number porting normally takes 30 minutes but, in some rare cases, up to 24 hours for all parts (calls, texts, internet, your account details) to complete. You won't lose any goodybags or airtime credit. In the meantime periodically turn your phone off and back on so that it will register with the network when it's completed.

More info in this KB article http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Complete-guide-to-activating-your-new-giffg...
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
mnur001
Kudos: 139
Best Answers: 185

Hi,

Giffgaff activations are processed within a few minutes usually 30 mins but it can take up to 24 hours in some situation.

You can check if your SIM has been activated by logging in "My giffgaff". When the SIM is activated, your purchase will be displayed:

In the "Balance" box if you added credit to your balance
In the "Your goodybag" section if you bought a goodybag
When your SIM is active you'll also see giffgaff as your network provider.

If your SIM is not activated after 24 hours, please contact our agents so they can verify the status of your activation.
Agent can be contacted by following this link
http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/ask , giffgaff agents can take up two 24hrs to reply to any queries.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
andreealupu

hi,is it any possibility for my sim to be activated as soon as possible pls?i run my own bussines and i need really badly my phone.i activated my sim almost 24 hours ago and still didn't received the settings and phone number.i would really apreciate if u could help me.thank you,Andreea
newcomer
lisahotlips38

Can't get my voucher topped up online
rayhoo
Topics: 23
Kudos: 4,180

Do you have, or have you had the message sim activation progress on your dashboard?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and to receive a password reset link.