Help & Support

newcomer
nicola1
Best Answer

check operator service

why am i getting the message check operator service when im trying to dial out... i am receiving calls and can send messages ive been on gg now for bout two or 3 weeks and not had a problem i got a new phone on sat and it was working fine till this morning and now im getting that message ive not changed no settings its still all as it was. ive tried the sim in an old phone and its working fine, but i dont want to use the old phone hence buying a new one... and it cant be the new phone as it was working fine up till now any feed back would be great thanks

alweb
Topics: 36
Kudos: 1,102
Best Answers: 455

Re: check operator service

it sounds like a setting in your phone

Get a free giffgaff Sim
head honcho
mitchell2010

try cleaning your simcard

also text "settings" to 2020

if you have an android phone download the "giffgaffapn" app from the market
:smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy:

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim :smileyhappy:
helper
tomhouston

What phone do you have, is check the phone settings in the setting menu
dabbler
mat087

double check the settings incase they have reverted back for some strange reason, manual settings below

GPRS-3G Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff – GPRS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 193.113.200.195
 (some phones prefer you to omit the proxy server and port)
Proxy Port:8080
Login - Username: giffgaff
Password: password
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

MMS Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff – MMS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password
Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
APN type: mms
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rudedog

Maybe try doing a simple reset/reboot if the phone has been working fine until now.

Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you :smileywink: Also Accept the best Solution :smileyhappy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
pioneer
nigelhayman

What phone is it Nicola?
virtuoso
rong42

i dont suppose you have used up all of your minutes in a goodybag have you? only thing i can think of (though i thought in that situation it just would not connect)

newcomer
nicola1

it is like an sciphone (clone of the iphone3) but it was working fine at first but never been able to access the internet and ive done all the settings manually and when i try to connect to the internet it says GPRS not subscribed... also i was able to phone out the first week and now it just says check operator services.. i put the sim in a very old phone it lets me dial out and text but not access the internet and when i did the get settings they came through but failed to install... im at a bit of a dilemma because i have 4 gg sims ready to give to friends and family and i dont want to if they are gonna have this problem as well....
newcomer
nicola1

i thought that my self and i still have plenty of minutes left when ive checked.