Help & Support

newcomer
oskujones

giffgaff balance

Hi

I'm a simple soul and I have only every had pay as you go which I have used for texting.  I am unfamiliar with all other credits, balance and the language used.

I have been with giffgaff for a month and the balance notification tells me:

My balance is £0.01 also that I have so many minutes or txt and that my goody bag expires 11 July 2011.

In the past I have been on pay as you go so my balance was zero when I ran out and there was not time limit on when I used it.

My questions are as follows:

If I buy a £5 goody bag regardless of whether I use up all the credit does it become zero at end of month?

What is the £0.01 balance?

I recently recruited a friend and am due £5.  The £5 is part of the goody bag or does it remain like a reserve for when the goody bag runs out?

When I make a call or get a call my balance notification tells me I earned some points what are these? How can they be used/ redeemed?

I also noticed that the free giffgaff to giffgaff txt and calls expires in September.  Why? How much will it be after September?

Sorry about long email, but I thought I'd ask these questions now rather than keep wondering.

phenomenon
aandms

Re: giffgaff balance

you buy a bag and it lasts a month, the 1p is prob the gg 1p bug. You can claim your payback in december and june. Credit doesnt run out until you have used it but a goodybag will end after a month even if you havent used it all
Get a free Giffgaff SimOr for a giffgaff hybrid sim (for all phones inc iphone 4, 4S and ipad) , also with £5 free credit but sent 1st class, fill in this form
thesaint
Topics: 187

The money pays for the goodybag.It expires after 1 calender mth.

You have to top every 3 mths to get free giffgaff to giffgaff calls/txts

Les:smileywink:

andylamb
Kudos: 1,983
Best Answers: 837

If you buy goodybags, they have some very good value inclusive call allowances but they expire after one month and those allowances are lost. Goodybags aer not measured as credit balance, they are measured in minutes, your credit that you see at 0.01 does not reflect your goodybag.

There is no need to buy a goodybag though, if you just  want to text and do less than a couple of hundred a month with a few calls, jsut add credit to your account and it will never expire, staying on your account until you use it up. Calls 8p per minutes, texts 4p each. Good value for a  person that doesn't use their phone heavily. 

Your recruitment credit will show on your account next month, but you won't be able to get your hands on it until December, payout is once per year.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
riffraff92
Kudos: 32
Best Answers: 9

The 1p balance is just to keep your sim card active.

A £5 goodybag (or any other goodybag for that matter) is like a 1-month contract. If you don't use all the minutes or texts they just expire when the goodybag does.

They're like a contract that you have to renew each month.
RIFFRAFF92 - I hope my post answers your question, if it does, please select 'Accept as Solution'

----- don't forget Kudos! =D

For a free SIM card with £5 FREE credit when you activate it, please click here!

P.S. For those who have ordered a SIM via the link above, many thanks for using my link and I hope you enjoy being on giffgaff!!

helping the masses
weeman
Mobile Phone: Oppo Find 7a

oskujones wrote:

Hi

I'm a simple soul and I have only every had pay as you go which I have used for texting.  I am unfamiliar with all other credits, balance and the language used.

I have been with giffgaff for a month and the balance notification tells me:

My balance is £0.01 also that I have so many minutes or txt and that my goody bag expires 11 July 2011.

In the past I have been on pay as you go so my balance was zero when I ran out and there was not time limit on when I used it.

My questions are as follows:

If I buy a £5 goody bag regardless of whether I use up all the credit does it become zero at end of month?

Yes goodybags only last for 30 days,any minutes or texts left will disappear.

What is the £0.01 balance?

It's a giffgaff bug.

I recently recruited a friend and am due £5.  The £5 is part of the goody bag or does it remain like a reserve for when the goody bag runs out?

This will be added to your payback as points and can be redeemed twice yearly,as cash,credit,or you can donate it to charity.

When I make a call or get a call my balance notification tells me I earned some points what are these? How can they be used/ redeemed?

See my previous answer.

I also noticed that the free giffgaff to giffgaff txt and calls expires in September.  Why? How much will it be after September?

This the free gg2gg calls and texts that you get when you either top up £10 or buy a goodybag every 3 months,if you don't do either then you will be charged 8p  & 4p for calls and texts to other giffgaffers.

Sorry about long email, but I thought I'd ask these questions now rather than keep wondering.

George